• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Yamaha AR230 or 2007 Ski Nautique 206LE

Melinda A

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
260 hours is great!

Tell the guy you’re buying it from to show you how to get the plugs out and back in, it can be done while on the water don’t be fooled if they say otherwise! The bilge pump just has a switch that the owner could show you as well and if the boat is off you can open the engine hatch and hear it run or trying to “sense” if there is any water. While the engine hatch is open the oil caps are on top towards the back of each engine just twist them off and they’ll have a dipstick. It should be at the Low level or even lower when cold, but after warmed up the engine oil should be near the Full line. And make sure the oil looks like oil and not like a chocolate milkshake!
Great advice! Thanks so much!! :)

Melinda A

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Totally agree with waiting, but most boat manufacturers are behind building new boats and the used boat market hasn’t always been that cheap either. Even if you wait until the off season I bet you’re only going to save around 3-5k because people will still compare their boat prices to what people paid recently, and that’s a big if people will sell then or wait until spring again.

Honestly if the OP can get that AR230 for around 26-27k at 260 hours I feel it’s a good deal with everything it comes with…Ya ya I know I’m not supposed to include the options and accessories into the price but everything adds up. Look at I/O boats that are similar, even prior to
Covid you got more bang for your buck with the jet boat. I spent 20k for mine, it has way more hours, still runs great but this is what I had to purchase after buying the boat: swim platform seadek ($400), bimini ($750), tube, booster ball, and wakeboard ($650), lily pad 7x20 ($700), tower speakers and amp ($500), charger ($100), Bumpers/rope/box anchor ($350), GPS chartplotter ($550),and other misc things I’m sure I’m forgetting. Easily probably invested $4-5k into the boat before we even got it on the water 😂😂

It does look like prices are cooling off somewhat recently, but like Babin said, prices will only continue to go up. At this rate I’ll have to save for 10 years before I buy brand new 🤣🤣
Great perspective!! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Jon D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ski boats like the nautique are really a different class of boat as they are purpose built for experienced slalom skiers and are superior for that purpose, especially when people get into skiing courses. The Yamaha will be more spacious, handle waves/chop better, be more maneuverable, have more storage and is still a very good recreational water sports boat.

If in similar condition I would expect the nautique to be worth more and hold its value better as it was a more expensive boat originally and is highly sought out by people who want a true ski boat. But that doesn’t mean it is the right boat for you.