• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010 Yamaha 242 Limited S sits uneven in the water

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just picked up a 2010 Yamaha 242 Limited S. The boat sits heavy in the water and leans on the Port Side. Everything (weight wise) seems to be evenly distributed about the boat; engines, fuel tank, storage, etc.). when the boat is on plane it still rides heavy on the port side. for the life of me I can't figure out why. The only thing that has any weight is the 2 batteries mounted in the OEM location below the rear port side seat cushion. Seems this would not cause it since the batteries are in their designed location. Anyone else have this issue?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2013 242 LS and do not have this issue. I've been an avid reader this and the predecessor forum for 5-years and never encountered a post about this issue.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have a fresh water shower on the starboard side? If so, make sure the holding tank is full My dealer drained ours when they winterized our boat and I had the same issue the first time out this season. Filled it up and all is good.

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah that's my next "fix"! Thanks for the comment AndyD. I also assume that the design calls for weight to be added by a full cooler on that side as well. This weekend I will fill the freshwater tank and make sure the cooler is on that side in its compartment and see if it evens out. I've searched a few other threads and some say it worked and some said it didn't. We'll see. I'll figure it out hell or high water!

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have a fresh water shower on the starboard side? If so, make sure the holding tank is full My dealer drained ours when they winterized our boat and I had the same issue the first time out this season. Filled it up and all is good.

What he said!

Noticed this on my '10 LS last year on the lake while docked.

Filled the shower tank, all level.

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, filling the shower tank definitely helped the lean. It still has a slight lean on the port side but nothing like it was. Sits and rides a lot better now.