• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The 2015 24x issues thread...

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have it and my wife wants me to fix it first thing this spring.
I had to go look at mine in storage. It doesn't look anything like that. The caulk is barely visible.

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was at the dealer yesterday and asked him about it. He said he had brought it up with Yamaha and the newer production boats do seem to be improving. We looked at serveral that he had and it was obvious that the factorys' attention to detail was improving.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I hope so. Ordered mine this weekend and it should be here in 3 weeks. Guess I'll find out then.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While, I don't like that caulk job and will fix it myself in the spring, I don't think it should be a show stopper for anyone. The boat is terrific and I am 100% happy with the purchase.

DeAnna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone seen this... I was at the dealership today trying to find a spot to fit a 12" sub when my boat arrives. I noticed this horrible caulking job under the backrest on the swim platform. All of the 24' boats have it. It looks awful, I can't believe the factory would do such a terrible job. It looks like a blind person went at it with a caulking gun....View attachment 17518 View attachment 17519 View attachment 17519
Our new 2015 SX 240 has the same horrible caulking job too at backrest on the swim platform . It looks horrible and our passenger side "entertainment" area also had poor fit on the door. But our worst issue is our boat list/leans to the port side very badly while at rest and while moving. Yamaha and the deal don't know why and say they are trying to figure it out, but they think it is with all the 2015 SX240 but not sure. We are going on a month now with no answers or solutions on what will be to to fix the leaning and why it is happening. I am posting a pic, it is not a great pic but it is all I have at the moment to kinda show how it is leaning.

Attachments

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The lean is being caused by the batteries. I am going to counter that with my tools, etc. I know @Nathan Bryant had the same issue with his 2013 model so the issue is not new to the 2015's.

DeAnna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you for your reply. When my husband, who weights over 200 pounds stands on the opposite side that levels the boat out. So it would take over 200 lbs of tools etc to counter act the leaning on our boat. The dealer did mention it could be the batteries. However Yamaha design the batteries to be where they are so they should not cause the boat to lean so badly.

Our dealer says Yamaha is trying to figure out why it leans so I am not sure the batteries are the cause as I don't think the batteries do not weigh 200 plus lbs.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just jumped in here and read the last couple of posts, so please don't shoot me if somebody mentioned this...or if you do, aim at the knees, they are worthless to me anyway. :(

Listing is a minor problem with these boats since they sit fairly high in the water and have little to no running gear, keel, etc.

It was one of the primary reasons I installed trim tabs. @OperationROL , you have/had tabs didn't/don't you? (I can't keep up with you ballers who buy new boats all the time, so forgive my feeble mind)

Anyway I use the tabs to trim the boat. I remember the time that made me pull the trigger on the tabs....we were in rough water and all the wimmin wanted to ride in our boat because of the higher freeboard (they just said - we want to stay dry!) and the wake/ski boats they owned were taking on water over the bow, at the transom, sides, it was a mess.

So here I am plodding along with the estrogen express when I notice that they shifted positions and the boat was listing horribly underway - we took a small splash over the port gunwale - I turned around and a bunch of 'em were grouped on one side looking at a fashion magazine or something.. I said, "Hey, move a couple of you fat chicks to the other side of the boat.

Ever seen a lead balloon?

Yeah, that's how that remark went over. I got the silent treatment til we hit the beach.

So I bought the trim tabs and I keep my mouth shut. Two lessons for the price of...well it was expensive, cost me dinner & drinks too. But once I got 'em drunk, the fat chicks forgave me. :cool:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just jumped in here ..........
Yeah, that's how that remark went over. I got the silent treatment til we hit the beach.
So I bought the trim tabs and I keep my mouth shut. Two lessons for the price of...well it was expensive, cost me dinner & drinks too. But once I got 'em drunk, the fat chicks forgave me.
:cool:
@Glassman ............ Still dying laughing. 1 of the FUNNIEST posts ever made here !@
This is a CLASSIC we won't forget anytime soon. Many Thanks, Mikey Lulejian

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As a fat guy here Im insulted, I resemble that remark. About as funny as a screen door on a submarine. Kidding of course. but I am overweight.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our new 2015 SX 240 has the same horrible caulking job too at backrest on the swim platform . It looks horrible and our passenger side "entertainment" area also had poor fit on the door. But our worst issue is our boat list/leans to the port side very badly while at rest and while moving. Yamaha and the deal don't know why and say they are trying to figure it out, but they think it is with all the 2015 SX240 but not sure. We are going on a month now with no answers or solutions on what will be to to fix the leaning and why it is happening. I am posting a pic, it is not a great pic but it is all I have at the moment to kinda show how it is leaning.
Deanna can you try to get some better pics I am picking mine up in the next week and want to be prepared for anything. I thought going to such a bigger boat from my 21 foot that these were things of the past and I never really had to many issues with weight balance in that old thing 2 batteries can't be the problem in a boat this big. Is two coolers on the other side and my bulldog gonna couse me to turn right. I sure hope the get to the bottom of this especially if it's why your under way that could have to do with the keel or shape of the keel good luck keep me posted please

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@DeAnna I just went through every picture of mine in the water and it's listing to the port in all of them but for some odd reason everyone is sitting on the port side in all of them, so my opinion in inconclusive. I will have to check this out next time we go out. But than again the limited S has 10 gallons of fresh water + tank/hose/shower on the starboard side which is about 100 lbs.

But at the end of the day no matter how well they balance them out, depending on the amount of people and cargo it will never be perfect.

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In this picture, you can see mine is listing to the port side.Allofthem.jpg

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for your reply. When my husband, who weights over 200 pounds stands on the opposite side that levels the boat out. So it would take over 200 lbs of tools etc to counter act the leaning on our boat. The dealer did mention it could be the batteries. However Yamaha design the batteries to be where they are so they should not cause the boat to lean so badly.

Our dealer says Yamaha is trying to figure out why it leans so I am not sure the batteries are the cause as I don't think the batteries do not weigh 200 plus lbs.
Your husbands weight at the helm is different than his weight back by the batteries. You may want to shift him around to test the theory. I am pretty confident about the batteries. I am hoping @Nathan Bryant will chime in to share his findings in this area.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just jumped in here and read the last couple of posts, so please don't shoot me if somebody mentioned this...or if you do, aim at the knees, they are worthless to me anyway. :(

Listing is a minor problem with these boats since they sit fairly high in the water and have little to no running gear, keel, etc.

It was one of the primary reasons I installed trim tabs. @OperationROL , you have/had tabs didn't/don't you? (I can't keep up with you ballers who buy new boats all the time, so forgive my feeble mind)

Anyway I use the tabs to trim the boat. I remember the time that made me pull the trigger on the tabs....we were in rough water and all the wimmin wanted to ride in our boat because of the higher freeboard (they just said - we want to stay dry!) and the wake/ski boats they owned were taking on water over the bow, at the transom, sides, it was a mess.

So here I am plodding along with the estrogen express when I notice that they shifted positions and the boat was listing horribly underway - we took a small splash over the port gunwale - I turned around and a bunch of 'em were grouped on one side looking at a fashion magazine or something.. I said, "Hey, move a couple of you fat chicks to the other side of the boat.

So I bought the trim tabs and I keep my mouth shut. Two lessons for the price of...well it was expensive, cost me dinner & drinks too. But once I got 'em drunk, the fat chicks forgave me. :cool:
@Glassman , I wish I could fit into the "Ballers" category. I have the brand new boat that will not see any major mods this season at all. :( I am jealous of all the folks that have been performing their mods. The wife wants stereo and Sea Dek right away and for once in my life, I have to be the responsible one and say no. Sucks being responsible.

You are right about the tabs. They are a dream in your situation with the people shift as well as rough waters. If I get them on this new boat, I will research well enough to get some that can influence the surf wake as well.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As a fat guy here Im insulted, I resemble that remark. About as funny as a screen door on a submarine. Kidding of course. but I am overweight.
@subysti , Now, now......just so y'all know - all the wimmin in the story are close personal friends who know me well enough to understand where I was coming from - and to my eye, none of them are "fat", and just so you know... I intentionally left out any of the replies that were sent my way (this is a family site) :rolleyes:

But you try and tell a woman who just spent 3 months looking for the "right" bathing suit for the new season that she looks great in everything. I don't think there is a guy alive who never heard, "Does this make my butt look big?" - or a variation of that...

@OperationROL That boat of yours is gorgeous and that Sea Deck is nice stuff....you ought to surprise her with it. I won't tell. :cool:

You are spot on about the batteries....I have a similar list when the boat is at rest. And the genius who owns the boat decided to put the batteries AND the tools on the same side! o_O
Hey, the other side was already filled with junk. I just off-set the weight imbalance by putting all the diet soda on that side...cause it's lighter, right?

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The pics of the ones I've seen in the water are listing a little but not enough to be to worried about. I was worried a little when she said it was also happening while moving. It doesn't look to bad though in all the pics everyone is posting.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Because of this thread I noticed it on mine today. Not enough to bother me, but mine does it slightly.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Umm, my 192 sits perfectly level in the water. Even with three of my 300 lb ballasts I mean buddies on one side. I'm totally willing to trade straight up for any of your 2015 242's!