• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The 2015 24x issues thread...

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Umm, my 192 sits perfectly level in the water. Even with three of my 300 lb ballasts I mean buddies on one side. I'm totally willing to trade straight up for any of your 2015 242's!
Wait a minute @RiverRat , is that a cooler you have on the rear platform? Well there ya have it! I'll bet by the end of the day the weight balance shifts from that cooler .....1/2 to you guys and 1/2 to the river! I'm not sure artificially induced lists count in this thread :D

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let us forget not that generally there is an additional weight on the starboard side who is piloting the boat and usually won't move to the other side. Makes a little sense to me to have an empty boat list to port.

@Glassman , still laughin...

DeAnna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will try to get a better picture to post. I see from your pic your boat does list to the port side but not too much. I understand the boat may not be 100% level but ours list much worst. In my opinion ours list beyond an acceptance amount of a new 2015 boat. Thank all for you ideas and thoughts. :)

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was towing home this weekend in the dark, and hadn't cut the batteries yet, and sure enough, the navigation lights flashed every couple of minutes. Maybe it's tied into the Auto-Bilge function? @dancathy your not crazy after all...
@Charles, @dancathy - The lights flickering like that is a way to remind you to turn your batteries off. It happens when you have the blower and engines off but the batteries still on. Just a Yamaha friendly reminder system. Trust me I thought my boat had gone crazy too until my wife figured it out for me. lol

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Charles

As for the cooler, I highly suggest getting a YETI hopper 20. Fits perfectly - hold your ice all day (Especially if you throw in one of their 2lb blue ice packs), and when moved sideways really opens the storage compartment for plenty of other toys.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK, so have we figured this out yet?

Is it the Batteries? Did somebody hide Sammie the Snitch in a bag shoved behind the port seats? What is it?

Tell you what, keep the cooler on the starboard side, loaded with all the beverages....that way you start out with no list. By the end of the day the cooler will be empty and you really won't give a shit which way the boat leans because you'll be leaning too! :winkingthumbsup"

DeAnna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, it has not been figured out yet. I guessing moving the batteries could solve the issue after we have done our own testing of that theory. However, I really hate to do that as the batteries are where Yamaha's engineers designed them to be so we should not have to mess with the manufacturers design to fix the problem. Being our particular boat list much more than the ones we see that people are saying is normal listing. I am concerned that our boat may have have a bigger issue and moving the batteries is just putting a band-aid on a larger defect with our boat. Our dealer has been great with working with us on the problem. Waiting now to get a boat like ours in the water to see the difference.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, it has not been figured out yet. I guessing moving the batteries could solve the issue after we have done our own testing of that theory. However, I really hate to do that as the batteries are where Yamaha's engineers designed them to be so we should not have to mess with the manufacturers design to fix the problem. Being our particular boat list much more than the ones we see that people are saying is normal listing. I am concerned that our boat may have have a bigger issue and moving the batteries is just putting a band-aid on a larger defect with our boat. Our dealer has been great with working with us on the problem. Waiting now to get a boat like ours in the water to see the difference.
Well now @DeAnna, you've gotta put yourself on the map or let us know where you are at so we can come bother you on the water.
What looks better than a nice new Yamaha jet boat on the water? ----- TWO!!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

OK, understood. I suppose the only real way to determine the cause of the list would be a real pain...remove everything from the boat that isn't nailed down...batteries and all the accessories in all the compartments. Have zero fuel, launch the boat with a tether (no one aboard) and see how it floats.

It could be attributable to the actual construction of the boat - a bit too much material (think thicker hull, cap, more foam, etc.) on one side than the other, but that's probably reaching.

You'll acknowledge that the boat itself isn't quite symmetrical, meaning that from side to side the boat is not exactly the same. There are different seating arrangements, storage compartments, etc. from one side to the other. As there is no keel with ballast the boat is free to list as weight determines.

And as far as Yamaha's engineers designing the batteries to be where they are...I'd lean towards they are there because it's fast, easy and cheap with no long wire runs involved.

I hope you get it resolved or get past it and enjoy the boat.

Back in my sailboat racing days weight was a very important issue - quite often we had to ADD weight to meet specs - and that went at the base of the mast to keep the weight centered. In a runabout such as this, I have much less consideration for weight or its position unless its overly disproportionate from side to side. :cool:

Jon Burns

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After finishing the break-in procedure last night and waiting till 2 running hours I finally opened her up. Some things I noticed: The port engine is often a few hundred rpms below the starboard while cruising if the throttles are even. Then while at WOT the port engine is about 150-200 rpm higher than the starboard and she pulls to the left. I have to give input to the right to make her straight. I don't feel this pull while cruising. Any ideas?

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same issue. I am able to get the rpm's almost the same with throttle adjustments.

I am wondering if adjusting the cables is worth it. I might get higher rpm's the same but might throw off lower rpm's. I notice the difference at higher rpm's.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After breakin I noticed that I need to adjust the throttle cables as I believe I have 5-6 mph and a few hundred rpm on tap still. Once we loaded the boat on the trailer and I pulled the plug, there was quite a bit of water that drained. Probably 7-8 gallons at least. On our AR I never had water in the bilge, but will check clamps and silicone, hoping it's just something small.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After breakin I noticed that I need to adjust the throttle cables as I believe I have 5-6 mph and a few hundred rpm on tap still. Once we loaded the boat on the trailer and I pulled the plug, there was quite a bit of water that drained. Probably 7-8 gallons at least. On our AR I never had water in the bilge, but will check clamps and silicone, hoping it's just something small.
I also drained a couple gallons from the bilge last time and we just had a nice leisurely cruise. I am not sure where the water came from. Hoping to finally get out on her this Sunday. I will check it out then.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also drained a couple gallons from the bilge last time and we just had a nice leisurely cruise. I am not sure where the water came from. Hoping to finally get out on her this Sunday. I will check it out then.
let us know if you find anything, and hope you have a great trip out Sunday. Our lake is too wild on holidays for me to venture out.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure that there isn't a bunch of assembly remnants lying in the bilge and not letting the plug seal. Tons of chips from drilling and some fiberglass dust. Along with a random cap plug. Just take off the cover over the exhaust and rinse the bilge out. Or vacuum out the crap. Mine stays dry as a bone after the clean out. Debris keeps showing up so rinse and repeat until there's no crap in there after a day of running.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For what it's worth ............ Our 2015 Miss B'Haven "seems" also to be leaning" to the port side.
???
I can live with it.
FUNGUS (like last month after all of the rains) on my Emerald Zoysia lawn .......... now THAT drives me BAT-CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!
Really so !~!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now fungus on an Emerald Zoysia lawn is something to lose your stuff over.
The rest is all tolerable.
Hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Memorial Day Holiday upcoming. :winkingthumbsup"

Let's all spend time remembering what we're grateful for, instead of ..........

Mikey Lulejian - As always, stirrin' stuff up on Lake Oconee, GA

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Bimini top bracket on the windshield on the helm side is slightly angled down and makes the mounting very difficult. Yamaha has said they need to look in to it. Week three....and waiting.

DeAnna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update... We have come to learn that we had a "first run" 2015 SX240. After over 3 and a half months and a lot of time researching, phone calls and emails we got the boat swapped out for a different "non first run" 2015 SX240 that does not list!! Yamaha knows there is an issue with, at least the "first run" of the 2015 SX240 boats listing to the port side. (In my opinion it is an unacceptable amount of listing). We also notice several other things that Yamaha had fixed since the first run came out. They corrected the horrible caulking job under the seat rest in the swim deck, the head compartment door closes better along with a few other minor changes they had a made since the first run.

Our dealer was wonderful and worked with us to get the boat swapped out for a different one. These are great boats and we love it. However make sure you are not buying a first run boat as well only buy from a reputable dealer who with stand beside you as our dealer did.

Now it is time to enjoy our boat. :happy:

Last edited:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats @DeAnna that is quite the feat, getting Yamaha to swap a new boat for yours is very very uncommon. Great work!