• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The 2015 24x issues thread...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can, as of today, confirm Yamaha IS aware of the "Listing" issue to the PORT side.

They have a "spec" for the listing and only replace the boat if it is outside the spec.

The "spec" something like 2 degrees. ??????????? I am not an expert on this part.

More to come on Warranty Issues.

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same helm side Bimini bracket issue. I can only get it screwed in a turn or two. Definitely a problem I'll address when I bring it to the dealer. I've only been out three times but don't notice much if any list. I must say the boat gets attention on the lake and is a blast to drive.

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone have any luck with the dealer re-doing the caulking job under the stern seats on their 2015s under warranty?

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the manufacture dates of " first run" boats?

Is this listing issue limited to the SX or the whole 24 foot line? My AR 240 was obviously listing to port this past weekend.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do any of you with new 24 footers have an unusual amount of water pouring out of the drain plug after use? Each time we have been out thus far with the new boat, it seems as if we drain 3 or so gallons of water when I remove the drain plug. This is after very light use. I have not yet tried to find the point of entry, but I started thinking of the thru hull depth finder and all other thru hull fittings.

ChrisP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do any of you with new 24 footers have an unusual amount of water pouring out of the drain plug after use? Each time we have been out thus far with the new boat, it seems as if we drain 3 or so gallons of water when I remove the drain plug. This is after very light use. I have not yet tried to find the point of entry, but I started thinking of the thru hull depth finder and all other thru hull fittings.
I have had the same issue. I have noticed a lot of shavings but have done my best to make sure the plug is clear before closing. I would be curious to see if anyone finds water coming from anywhere else.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
3 gallons seems excessive. I get about a quart or less. The first time out, I had much more, but not 3 gallons. Try to get as much of the shavings out. I have 33 hours and still have shavings showing up.

I don't seem to have the listing problem that folks are having. The boat has been great aside from the spider cracks that showed up on the port side. I gave a little push on the side to see if I thought it had a thin spot but it feels fine.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
3 gallons seems excessive. I get about a quart or less. The first time out, I had much more, but not 3 gallons. Try to get as much of the shavings out. I have 33 hours and still have shavings showing up.

I don't seem to have the listing problem that folks are having. The boat has been great aside from the spider cracks that showed up on the port side. I gave a little push on the side to see if I thought it had a thin spot but it feels fine.
I had the exact same problems. The spider crack was quickly repaired under warranty and after my first outing or tow my discharge seems to be considerably lower - much closer to only the quart mentioned above. I would place the boat on a trailer, open the drain plug and shoot different through-hull connections with a hose until you find one that produces water.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did get a bit of water the first couple times but I think that was left over from before I got the boat. I did need to get in there and clean a lot of shavings and aluminum bits out that was blocking the water from draining.

DeAnna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is the manufacture dates of " first run" boats?

Is this listing issue limited to the SX or the whole 24 foot line? My AR 240 was obviously listing to port this past weekend.
I don't know if the listing is an issue is with all or just the SX. Your dealer should be able to tell you if you have a first run or not. That is who told us.

DeAnna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone have any luck with the dealer re-doing the caulking job under the stern seats on their 2015s under warranty?
I would ask your dealer if it is under warranty, our dealer recommend not redoing the caulk so we never even got to the point of asking if it was under warrenty. I don't recall exactly how they explained the caulking process Yamaha uses as it was some type of process not just normal caulk. However I am not an expert I am just sharing what I was told.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bennie

Did you have spider cracking vertically at approximately midship in the upper section of the hull?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@McMark - My crack was behind the passengers seat, on the front part of the battery storage box. A vertical 4-5" spider crack starting just below the cushion and angling down from there.

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've had the water issues a couple of times. Our second time out the ski locker filled about half full of water. No idea where it came from. I pulled the drain plug and the bilge pumped it out. Hasn't happened since. It does seem to drain a few gallons after every outing when I pull the plug and the bilge does kick on every now and again while we're out.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL - Do you have your automatic bilge on while underway?

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL , we have been out twice in the new boat and definitely have excessive water after pulling the plug. We probably drained 7-8 gallons both times we loaded after 6-8 hours on the boat. Second time out I tried to find signs but wasn't able locate anything. Odd thing is my bilge has never kicked on.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Craig, just a hint here: When I picked up my boat, the bilge was not working. I found out the hard way that there was a faulty breaker. I went out the 2nd time and forgot to put in the plugs. Engine compartment filled with water and the bilge did not kick on.

You may have a separate issue with the pump. Test it.

Jon Burns

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So after reading this, not sure if my bilge is working. I press the button on the connext and it shows on. But water never comes out and nothing extra is audible. Is the bilge audible on the 2015s?

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bilge on the 15's is set to auto every time you start the boat. Also if you leave your battery switch on the bilge will cycle every few minutes for a split second and flash all the led's in the boat. Even with the keys off. The pump is very quiet but if you lift the engine cover you can hear it. I have never had enough water get in the bilge area to activate the pump. It seems any water that splashes in the boat is routed out through the hull drain. You could just pour some water in the bilge area with your pump on auto just to make sure it is working.