• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The 2015 24x issues thread...

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You know what makes me really pissed is that dealers and Yamaha know about this crap, hide it to make sure you buy the boat, and then give you a big FU when you discover it yourself.

That is what is great about this forum, we shared information that provides valuable insight so we can make informed decisions and also things to keep an eye on.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bennie if this is the screen you are talking about then they are wrong here too. The aux battery and sys battery are still only showing the house battery. Why they are different I can only assume is from bad programming. I looked at this screen then measured both my batteries. Starting battery was 13.92 VDC and the house battery was 12.9 VDC.Diag Screen.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie if this is the screen you are talking about then they are wrong here too. The aux battery and sys battery are still only showing the house battery. Why they are different I can only assume is from bad programming. I looked at this screen then measured both my batteries. Starting battery was 13.92 VDC and the house battery was 12.9 VDC.View attachment 25570
Well hell. Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I'll have to measure mine to see what my two batteries are showing at the terminals.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie if this is the screen you are talking about then they are wrong here too. The aux battery and sys battery are still only showing the house battery. Why they are different I can only assume is from bad programming. I looked at this screen then measured both my batteries. Starting battery was 13.92 VDC and the house battery was 12.9 VDC.View attachment 25570
Maybe a stupid question but how do you get to that screen. I have been through mine and cannot find it but I have seen others show it. I know it's not a good thing but I've been known to not worry about understanding something until a problem arises. Trying to avoid that on the water though

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jwells - with the batteries on push the "System info" hard button below the screen. Hold it until that screen shows. It's the Yamaha diagnostic screen.

Also - if the batteries are on and blower and motors off you can hold the "light" button (again under the screen) and you can listen to music without having the blower on.

Last edited:

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can also just push the first button on the the connext and the float mode will start and radio will work. Having the blower on will avoid the connext from shutting down when you kill the engines. Hate that it just doesn't go into float mode when you kill engines.

Last edited:

impulsion

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This forum is great! so many of my questions already answered. I have the intermittent flashing lights - I thought I was imagining it. My Bimini top is very very tight, nearly impossible to get into the short length adjustment and even when it is in that hole, the Bimini doesn't look like a rope from the tower would clear it. Sounds like there might be an improved version of this?
@greg Your post says "you can also just push the first on the connext", not sure if that mean first button? It also annoys me that there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the connext screen on when shutting down the motors so thanks for the blower tip - I haven't tried yet but hopefully when you shut it off after the connext remains on?
On another subject, the auto blower seems a bit useless. AFAI can tell, to make it work, I would have to set it on auto prior to shutting down, and then turn on the connext first next time I start up. Mine doesn't seem to kick in if I just turn the keys on. Ideally it would be nice to turn on auto blower and then have it start counting down; however, this only seems to happen if you turned on the connext screen in an initial float mode. Love the boat but still finding my way through the many changes since my 2011 242 Ltd S.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@impulsion - update your profile with your location please. We always happy to play with not just our boats, but yours too!!

impulsion

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Location added but I'm guessing there aren't many members in my location!
Has anyone found a way to switch into float mode without that infernal long tone that sounds like a serious warning. I get it when I turn off the connext too.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Simple solution (then why did it take me so long) for the SX Bimini top front poles that don't fit well into the front windshield brackets because of the angle necessary to screw them in. Detach the lower pole from the upper pole since they're adjustable, screw in the bottom pole, then insert the top pole.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have around 20 hrs on mine now. No listing to port. I haven't checked the battery voltage yet, but when I first got the boat, Connext was showing different readings for each of the two batteries. Now, it always shows the same voltage. I'll get the multi-meter out and check just to validate @subysti 's detective work. I can't help but wonder if flipping the parallel switch on and off at some point (not that I needed to, just seeing how things work) caused the problem to show itself. I wonder if disconnecting the parallel switch from the batteries would correct the readout problem. Ya gotta wonder if the parallel switch is the defective part.
I've noticed inconsistencies with respect to the amount of water that drains from the boat. While in Bimini, I chatted with @upperdeck about this. He observed that it takes a steep driveway and a propped up trailer tongue to get all of the water to find its way to the bilge drain. I get the sense that water gets held up in pockets between the inner and outer hull shells. When we were in Bimini, we got a good amount of rain one night. The next morning when I turned on my batteries, the Yamaha bilge pump ran for almost a minute. I have a secondary bilge pump that connects directly to the battery and it is set to engage if the water level rises above the Yamaha pump's level. The secondary bilge pump did not run while I was on the boat, but it could have run through the night. So, for all intensive purposes, my boat should have been pumped out. Being a new boat, I was curious to see if there was any water left, so I opened the engine cover and there was no water. I unscrewed the two plugs in the engine compartment (one points downward and the other points to the fuel compartment). No water flowed. I opened the plug in the bottom of the ski locker and water flowed into the ski locker... wrong direction. I'm guessing that the drain channels between the inner and outer hull are plugged and/or are angled to the point that it's a really slow drain from some parts of the boat. I'm also guessing that driving around gives the water that is stuck in these spots a chance to slosh it's way out to a spot where it can find its way to the bilge. The other day, after pulling the boat out (i.e. up the inclined ramp), still with the stern/keel drain plug in, and pulling the boat 200 yards to the storage unit, the bilge pump was inactive until I raised the tongue about 4 inches when unhooking the trailer at which point the bilge pump turned on and shot out half a gallon. After that, I pulled the main drain plug... not a drop. I'm tempted to buy a scope to stick into these cavities and see what's going on.
At the 10 hour mark, I filled my engine compartment with water, above the Yamaha bilge pump activation level and I looked for water leaking out of the bottom. There was none. So in my case, it doesn't seem like water is coming in from the bottom of the boat and it definitely seems like water is not easily finding its way to the bilge or to the stern/keel drain. When I filled the boat with water, I used this as an opportunity to completely remove the plug and it's retainer clip in order to stick a screw driver into the drain hole and stir things up while the 10 or 15 gallons drained out. Lots of aluminum drill filings and lots of spray foam bits. The spray foam would definitely act as a drain channel blocker if it was misapplied at the factory. I'm probably carrying a bunch of water in various pockets in the boat all of the time. I wonder if this could be the cause behind the boats that are listing to the port side. If expanding foam was misapplied at the factory such that it creates a non-draining reservoir on the port side of the boat, then you've got a list.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose the voltage problem is a wiring issue, at least that's what mother yamaha told my dealer and that They aren't planning on fixing it

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@MrMoose: Excellent points you made.
And the metal shavings you saw are all normal, and part of the manufacturing process.
We all have them ........ It's all easily removed. Ya just gotta get a little water in there to get all of the particles "moving"
Many thanks for all you wrote.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Vickie DeSilva

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone had a problem with all the leds on the boat flashing every couple minutes with the ignitions turned off.
All the lights flash included nav, tower, bow, everything led.
I was towing home this weekend in the dark, and hadn't cut the batteries yet, and sure enough, the navigation lights flashed every couple of minutes. Maybe it's tied into the Auto-Bilge function? @dancathy your not crazy after all...
Mine is doing the same thing. Thanks to your posts, I have something to tell the dealer who so far said they have not heard of this before. Going to shop today. Did anyone else find a reason or a fix? Thanks for the help.

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no fix. It is to tell you the batteries are still on. Fix ,,, Turn bat off

Vickie DeSilva

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Charles, @dancathy - The lights flickering like that is a way to remind you to turn your batteries off. It happens when you have the blower and engines off but the batteries still on. Just a Yamaha friendly reminder system. Trust me I thought my boat had gone crazy too until my wife figured it out for me. lol
If you leave the boat in the water for an extended period, I believe the aux battery needs to be on to run the auto bilge, in case of rain. That is the only reason I leave the one battery on. Any thoughts?

Vickie DeSilva

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is no fix. It is to tell you the batteries are still on. Fix ,,, Turn bat off
Thanks Greg. Will bring this up at dealer today because they seem to be baffled. For me, I need the auto bilge to work when I leave the boat at the dock, so I figure aux battery needs to remain on.

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't think the led flash every 5 min will effect battery much. The bilge cycling every 5 min will drain it alot more. Best way would be a float switch bilge pump that way it will not drain battery.

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you leave the boat in the water for an extended period, I believe the aux battery needs to be on to run the auto bilge, in case of rain. That is the only reason I leave the one battery on. Any thoughts?
I turn both batteries off for the week and remove the drain plug instead. I also have seen the blinking LEDs when the boat is off. I thought I was loosing my mind.

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was out on the water this weekend and the low voltage alarm started beeping but voltage screen said both batteries were approx 12.4 on the screen? I did have the relay switch in the off position when the alarm sounded. I then switched it to the on position and the alarm stopped but voltage readings remained the same?