• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The 2015 24x issues thread...

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since so much is new, might as well discuss any issues with the new 2015's. Identifying the issues early will ensure things get changed if need be. (Btw, I love my 2015, and this is not a complaint list)

I'll start:
Stereo has cut out twice with Stereo communication error on Connext screen. Swim deck head unit is 100% dead, no power, and nothing will turn it back on. It eventually turns itself back on. Maybe loose connection or overheating?

Swim deck behind seat storage, awesome idea, and heavily used by us to store ropes and fender bumpers, but the holding clip on the starboard side has already popped out of the cushion. You can pull it from he latch, reinsert it, and the seat will close, but it will pop out the next time you use it. Design flaw/failure?

Cooler compartment. I love the hinged seats, but to remove the cooler, you have the open the seat about 60 degrees, not the full 90. At 90, the cooler won't fit. Very much a PITA. Design flaw

The port side head/storage room. It doesn't drain. The boat was outside in a heavy downpour, and I had to use a 5 gallon bucket and a solo cup to empty it. I removed about 10 gallons. Design flaw? Or is this normal?

I think that is it so far.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't speak to am of the items you mentioned but the older 240 series boats don have a drain in the head compartment either, at least the 2010s didn't. The water level would have to get very high in there in order for it to drain over the lowest wall and into the bilge. Luckily for me seal on top of my door has kept rain water out of there.

The swim deck remotes failing seems to be a common thing, especially on the h2o audio systems tha used to come with the 242s. If it's wireless it may be water logged like mine is. I'm goin to look into a wired remote this off season as I've never had a problem wih wired remotes.

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie the stereo head unit is on the deck, and the Connext touchscreen on the helm has the controls on a page as well. Both didn't work.... I.e., No Music.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry to hear. But a lot of these can be chalked up to "new release issues".

As for the cooler access - I have seen issues in a lot of boats - every manufacturer. My buddies 13' MasterCraft has the underside of the cushion getting gouged by the coolers hinges. Me - with me and the kids constantly going in&out of the cooler - I find it much easier to just keep it out on the floor. It's there, it doesn't move, it's not in the way - and it even doubles as a footrest.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My only issue at this point is that I cannot use my boat much until next year. Seriously though, I hope your radio issue is just a connection issue. The good news is that you don't have to chase it. Let the dealer do that. I you have a good dealer, they will want to take care of you and protect the brand name. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

I heard the same thing about the port side entertainment area not having a drain. My dealer reminded me that it is not a cooler. Also, if you are talking about the head compartment, I really hope it is not that easy for water to get in there.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It wouldn't be hard to drill a small hole in the very back lower corner into the ski locker to drain if you keep having issues with water getting in there. Mine was outside during one of our many down pours a couple weeks ago and only had the shipping cover on it and got 5-10 gallons of water in it but none in the port storage compartment. I can't wait for my Deluxe Premium Mooring Cover to get in so I don't have to worry about it anymore when I leave it outside.

Last edited:

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great comments. Love the new model but there's always issues to be worked out with new models. Only issues thus far in addition to what you mentioned:

1. Bimini top at front corners already ripping. Seems to be a poor design. Dealer ordered a new one. Hopefully the next one won't have same issues.

2. Our daughter accidentally knocked off the cover to the stern stereo control. Not only is it not connected to stereo control by a small flap but it doesn't float either??!! Needless to say we will be ordering a new one. :)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you always put a cooler in that area I would just permanently mount a large cooler there and rig up a drain hose to the cooler drain, run it to the bilge, and install a valve at the base of the cooler on the hose.. Just empty out the drinks and open the valve when done for the day or weekend.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you always put a cooler in that area I would just permanently mount a large cooler there and rig up a drain hose to the cooler drain, run it to the bilge, and install a valve at the base of the cooler on the hose.. Just empty out the drinks and open the valve when done for the day or weekend.
We already decided that the cooler takes up too much space and we will put our cooler in the head area like we did on our 230. That is valuable ballast area!

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree. May have to do the same.

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone had a problem with all the leds on the boat flashing every couple minutes with the ignitions turned off.
All the lights flash included nav, tower, bow, everything led.

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
@Pbirbeck Our 242 LS that we showed in Newport had the same issue with the Bimini. It didn't last 3 days at the show and was ripped. We just got the replacement canvas in but with winterizations through the roof we haven't installed it yet. To me it looks like the front bow is bent wrong. We had the canvas in the lowest position on the stern poles when it was set up. Any higher and it gives a flipped up look. Maybe that is the issue since the canvas is like a piano wire in the lowest position.

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Pbirbeck Our 242 LS that we showed in Newport had the same issue with the Bimini. It didn't last 3 days at the show and was ripped. We just got the replacement canvas in but with winterizations through the roof we haven't installed it yet. To me it looks like the front bow is bent wrong. We had the canvas in the lowest position on the stern poles when it was set up. Any higher and it gives a flipped up look. Maybe that is the issue since the canvas is like a piano wire in the lowest position.
@B_Mutter So are you saying there is less tension in the front part of the Bimini with the stern poles in the lowest or highest position? Thanks for the response.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Pbirbeck there is more tension with it in it's lowest position. I believe that he meant he put it in it's lowest position to keep the back of the bimini from looking like it's flipped up.

@B_Mutter I install the updated bimini tonight and it's a huge improvement. The front bow is bent more putting less pressure on the bimini, different plugs in the end & four areas that are reinforced. I'm super happy with the update. Also I like the flipped up look, it allows easier entry and exit without hitting your head.

Last edited:

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Pbirbeck there is more tension with it in it's lowest position. I believe that he meant he put it in it's lowest position to keep the back of the bimini from looking like it's flipped up.

@B_Mutter I install the updated bimini tonight and it's a huge improvement. The front bow is bent more putting less pressure on the bimini, different plugs in the end & four areas that are reinforced. I'm super happy with the update. Also I like the flipped up look, it allows easier entry and exit without hitting your head.
Awesome. I will let you know how it works out when I get the replacement in.

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
@Williamsone46 We didn't get a whole new bimini. We just got a new canvas piece from the company that makes it. I'm thinking that might not fix it. We'll see. I totally agree on the flipped up setting giving more head room.

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone had a problem with all the leds on the boat flashing every couple minutes with the ignitions turned off.
All the lights flash included nav, tower, bow, everything led.
I was towing home this weekend in the dark, and hadn't cut the batteries yet, and sure enough, the navigation lights flashed every couple of minutes. Maybe it's tied into the Auto-Bilge function? @dancathy your not crazy after all...

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@B_Mutter Correction "I installed the updated bimini canvas & front bow bar tonight." It wasn't an entire new bimini.

Last edited: