• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The 2015 24x issues thread...

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hmmm....My Bimini started to rip at the front this weekend, where the Velcro is. There is an updated bar that reduces the pressure?

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Charles,
You might have something with the autobilge being on. My wife said she thought she heard it cycle when the lights flashed. I will check it out tonight.

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I turned the connext on last night. The autobilge is on by default when powered up. I shut off the autobilge and turned off the connext.
Waited about ten minutes and no lights flashing. Turned connext back on and then powered off without manually shutting off the autobilge and
sure enough after a couple minutes the lights flash and you can here the pump cycle for a split second. Called Yamaha today and they are baffled.
They are supposed to run some checks and get back to my dealer.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gremlins!

jet-r-done

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wondering if anyone has found issues with towing from the tower, interfering with the bimini? From pictures I have seen and the walkthrough at the boat show, it looks like the tow rope would interfere, especially surfing right behind the boat. has anyone tried or had experience surfing or wakeboarding yet?

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you guys all buy the extended service or is the year warrantee plenty to get things sorted out?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Do you guys all buy the extended service or is the year warrantee plenty to get things sorted out?
Many guys buy the extended warranty for piece of mind going forward. The small nit noid stuff that comes up like some of these things are new boat things that the warranty probably won't cover years down the road anyway. But the extended warranty also adds value to your boat should you decide to sell the boat before your warranty expires and actually makes it easier to sell since a prospective buyer has less apprehension about a pre-owned boat if it has a warranty. Also, dealers can stack up during the season and most don't take reservations or get you in and out quickly, so leaving the boat for small stuff isn't a typical owners option. Many owners will fix things that need it themselves before taking them to the dealer.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I got the extended on mine. Mainly due to I see how Yamaha takes care of customers with the extended, that and what @txav8r "adds value to your boat". On a 60k purchases $2,500 is cheap insurance.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a buy the extended warranty kind of guy, so I was leaning towards not getting. I'm not planning on selling the boat either.

I had posted a thread asking whether the new boats pull left like the older ones. Any thoughts on that?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Neither of my older boats, '08 SX230 or my '12 SX240 pulled left.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I haven't noticed a pull on either of my 2012 or my 2015. If one was to pull to one side it would mean that the impellers are pitched incorrect. You would have to go out in perfectly calm water to determine if its pulling to one side. Both times I've had my 2015 out it was perfectly calm and it tracked perfectly straight!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would expect the '15 to not have the same load feedback on it that the previous years did anyway, it has rack and pinion steering, as well as more turn ratio than previous years.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not a buy the extended warranty kind of guy, so I was leaning towards not getting. I'm not planning on selling the boat either.

I had posted a thread asking whether the new boats pull left like the older ones. Any thoughts on that?
Our 2013 (242 LS) has ZERO problems. And it does not "pull."
Good luck on your prospective purchase. Sounds exciting !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone seen this... I was at the dealership today trying to find a spot to fit a 12" sub when my boat arrives. I noticed this horrible caulking job under the backrest on the swim platform. All of the 24' boats have it. It looks awful, I can't believe the factory would do such a terrible job. It looks like a blind person went at it with a caulking gun....20150224_134824.jpg 20150224_134842.jpg 20150224_134842.jpg

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have it and my wife wants me to fix it first thing this spring.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed that also in the showroom models. I cant believe they leave the factory like this. I saw that the passenger side "entertainment" area also had poor fit and finish. I haven't signed the papers yet on my AR240 and this does give my pause about this purchase.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to say, this makes me feel better about the deal I got on my 14'. . . . . . Hope it all works out though.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The port side head/storage room. It doesn't drain. The boat was outside in a heavy downpour, and I had to use a 5 gallon bucket and a solo cup to empty it. I removed about 10 gallons. Design flaw? Or is this normal?
I would be most concerned with why water is getting in the head area than why it doesn't drain. I think it does not have a drain because it should stay dry. I only use that area for storage and have never had any water enter, no matter how hard it rains.