• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The 2015 24x issues thread...

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I never hear mine. If you ever have a question about its output, just open the engine compartment and look for water. But if your boat is sealed up and the drain plugs are firmly set you shouldn't be getting much water in there anyway.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The bilge on the 15's is set to auto every time you start the boat. Also if you leave your battery switch on the bilge will cycle every few minutes for a split second and flash all the led's in the boat. Even with the keys off. The pump is very quiet but if you lift the engine cover you can hear it. I have never had enough water get in the bilge area to activate the pump. It seems any water that splashes in the boat is routed out through the hull drain. You could just pour some water in the bilge area with your pump on auto just to make sure it is working.
I think the flashing LED's was on the early production 2015's. Mine does not. I had asked the dealer about this and they said it was fixed on new production models.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
"Fixed"?

I kind of liked that friendly reminder to turn off the batteries. Flushing out the engines, late at night, and a few (too many) beers in me I have a growing record of forgetting to turn those things off.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My LEDs flash if I leave the battery switches on. I never thought they did but I was out there in the dark once and they did flash but it was about 5 minutes between flashes. You guys need to find out where the water is coming from. We tow wakeboarders and tubers all day and last time out there was no water at all.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It wouldn't be hard to drill a small hole in the very back lower corner into the ski locker to drain if you keep having issues with water getting in there. Mine was outside during one of our many down pours a couple weeks ago and only had the shipping cover on it and got 5-10 gallons of water in it but none in the port storage compartment. I can't wait for my Deluxe Premium Mooring Cover to get in so I don't have to worry about it anymore when I leave it outside.
I have had mine since May of 14' and have only ever used the shipping cover (waiting until it wears out before I spend the cash on a new cover) and have never had water get inside. Is this a common occurrence with the shipping cover?

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My lights flash too... Couple other things I've noticed... tons of loose screws. The head compartment door almost fell off. About 75% of the screws that hold the helm door on are stripped. There are quite a few screws throughout the boat that just don't tighten and feel stripped. Also, the Connext is far too bright at night- even in night mode (which I think should have an auto setting) and dimmed all the way. I have to throw a towel over it to see anything at all.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@morgro269 - How many hours do you have on your boat? I know when I did my 20hr service I had the same findings. My dealer told me that besides an oil change that is one of the major items on your first service. They highly recommended blue loc-tite. I brought all my loose screws to their attention and made them repair them, with a service record for it. (just in case there is a repeat).
As for the Connex when you turn on your nav lights the display should automatically dim for you.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@morgro269 - How many hours do you have on your boat? I know when I did my 20hr service I had the same findings. My dealer told me that besides an oil change that is one of the major items on your first service.
INITIAL MAINTENANCE SERVICE:
According to Yamaha, and as stated in the 2015 Owners manual (starting on Page 140 for 24 foot boats) the FIRST SERVICE is at 10 hours - not 20 hours.
Then every 50 hours or Annually thereafter.
Please know there IS a typo in this chart, as replacing the oil filter is not "checked" for the 10 hour service. But this is a typo that is being corrected.
Y'all have a great boating weekend coming up - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MikeyL - yes sir you are correct. I was told 20 hrs by my dealer and didn't do mine until then. However it is suggested at 10.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only issues I have with my 2015 24'er are some gelcoat cracks. I'll fix all my wonky stripped or not tight screws myself. The boat runs like a scared rabbit, starts right up, rides decent, and has comfortable seats. No list to my boat that I can tell and it takes on minimal water. For a bit, I second guessed my decision but have totally warmed up to the boat after seeing tons of the same issues that Yamaha has in other, more expensive boat brands. I am kind of smitten with the new fsh though since I'm more of a no frills guy. Read: Less to break.

I bought the cobra kit from Jeff since the mrs can barely drive the boat plus I really think that tying the two nozzles to the keel is a good idea. And I think it will crispen up the steering at speed.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sooooo, I guess I am going to revive this thread... I remember reading this issue somewhere else and I am unable to locate the thread.

I was out on the 4th and we anchored for about 3 hours. I had the house battery "ON" listening to the radio. The start battery off was "OFF". When we were getting ready to leave and I started the engines, the low battery alarm went off. Both batteries were at 9V. I could start the batteries without turning "ON" the parallel switch. The question here is, why would the start battery go low if it was "OFF"?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sooooo, I guess I am going to revive this thread... I remember reading this issue somewhere else and I am unable to locate the thread.

I was out on the 4th and we anchored for about 3 hours. I had the house battery "ON" listening to the radio. The start battery off was "OFF". When we were getting ready to leave and I started the engines, the low battery alarm went off. Both batteries were at 9V. I could start the batteries without turning "ON" the parallel switch. The question here is, why would the start battery go low if it was "OFF"?
It must be hooked up wrong.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its not low. The Connext screen only shows the voltage of the house battery. I've spoken to my dealer and Yamaha and they know about it and basically told me tough. They know its displaying wrong but they aren't going to fix it. I'm kinda pissed about it.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its not low. The Connext screen only shows the voltage of the house battery. I've spoken to my dealer and Yamaha and they know about it and basically told me tough. They know its displaying wrong but they aren't going to fix it. I'm kinda pissed about it.
REALLY!!?? What a bunch of pricks with ears...SO basically, unless I put meter on the battery I will never know what the start battery is doing. WOW great way to feel secure.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Basically yea. I've tested and tested and sent all my info to Yamaha and they acknowledged the problem and said they had no intent on rewiring the boats. I also got my dealer involved and Yamaha told them the same thing.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
REALLY!!?? What a bunch of pricks with ears...SO basically, unless I put meter on the battery I will never know what the start battery is doing. WOW great way to feel secure.
Hey, it's not like the boats cost $60K or something. . . . .what's a few glitches for such a cheap boat?

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm pretending I haven't read any of this cause both of mine usually stay around 12 volts and no problems so I have my eer muffs on right now

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, please clarify this for me. When you said that the "Connext only shows the house battery" are you referring to the home page? I'm asking because I'm getting the correct individual readings when I go into the diagnostic page on the Connext.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will have to check again. I think the diag screen will show them but the home screen doesn't but Im not positive about the diag screen.