• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 AR210 Check Engine Lights??

Larnold11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe someone has ran into a similar issue and can help me out...I was on the lake last Saturday (MI’s first really hot day of the year) and both check engine lights came on simultaneously. It was towards the end of the day and after I had been running the boat pretty good (high RPMs & hairpin turns to the entertainment of my guests). As soon as I noticed them lit up (solid, not flashing) I stopped the boat and shut it off immediately. I waited a few minutes while I checked the clean out ports for a blockage & engine oil levels. No blockages or clogs and oil level was between L-F. Both pee streams were flowing well so I do not believe it was an overheating issue. Turned both port and starboard engines back on and no lights. Ran the boat for a few more minutes and both CELs came back on. Same thing...checked for blockages or clogs, nothing. Waited a few minutes and turned the boat back on, no lights. Dropped some people off on their dock, shut the boat off (switched to battery #1) and then went to the boat launch to pull the boat out of the water, no lights. The only thing I could think of is low voltage???

Could low batteries throw a CEL? Strange how they appeared on both engines at the same time. I removed the 12v cigarette lighter last year and replaced it with a voltmeter/USB charger when I added the aftermarket stereo equipment. I noticed that the voltmeter was only reading 11.3-11.5V even while the boat was running. Could both batteries have been so low that it threw the code? I spent 6+ hours at the sandbar with the sound system on (JL 5-channel marine amp & JL class D full range amp running 4x JL 6.5” M series speakers, 2x JL MX 7.7” tower speakers, and 10” JL sub). I have a dual battery setup with a house battery & cranking battery with the BEP battery switch/VSR. Both house & cranking battery are deep cycles purchased last season. However, the boat sat in storage for 6 months due to COVID-19 and neither battery was fully, properly charged before going out. Anyone have a similar issue?

House: 845 cranking amps & 210 reserve capacity
Cranking: 685 cranking amps & 140 reserve capacity