• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 AR240 DRIVER SIDE HANDRAIL BOW

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the nut fell off of this and yamaha wants some retarded price for the exact right nut.
Any know what the thread/pitch is so I can run by Ace Hardware and buy a stainless Steel replacement?

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I've used amazon too long, 10 dollars to ship 8 dollars in parts that weigh less than an oz is robery.
Especially since I coudl probably pay 0.30 at ace for it...

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't think $18 is that high, considering it keeps you from having to climb into your boat and figure out what .30 nut you need, and then drive to the hardware store and pick it up. I guess everyone values their time differently, but $18 seems downright cheap to me, given what I'd have to do otherwise.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh for the love of God! Go to your hardware store of choice and buy a dozen nuts of different sizes that would be remotely close, and don't forget metric. You may spend $3

Find the one you need the next day at the boat. And don't forget the fishing line, as you can make a nice necklace out of the rest.

Game over, Rant over.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh for the love of God! Go to your hardware store of choice and buy a dozen nuts of different sizes that would be remotely close, and don't forget metric. You may spend $3

Find the one you need the next day at the boat. And don't forget the fishing line, as you can make a nice necklace out of the rest.

Game over, Rant over.
Lol, I gave in and just bought the Yamaha one on ebay.

I should have outbid you on that boat. Spent most of the year doing exactly what you said. "spending the same delta making it as nice". lol.
It's going to be really nice by the time winter is over when I add all the audio/seadek etc to it.
Half tempted to clean it up, sell it and buy someone else's boat that has dek/stereo/folding tower.
smh.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't do that, you know it's condition now. Hell, I had to tighten up the bow rail as well this past week. On a similar note, there seems to be a good market for 24 footers. I saw that last 242 sell in record time.

I was holding the boat in wind, while trying to anchor and I felt the rail move. Got my fat ass up in there and tightened it up. PS: I used two extensions and a knuckle to allow me to use my 1/2" socket wrench. I wish I could remember if it was metric. But my guess is it was not.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't do that, you know it's condition now. Hell, I had to tighten up the bow rail as well this past week. On a similar note, there seems to be a good market for 24 footers. I saw that last 242 sell in record time.

I was holding the boat in wind, while trying to anchor and I felt the rail move. Got my fat ass up in there and tightened it up. PS: I used two extensions and a knuckle to allow me to use my 1/2" socket wrench. I wish I could remember if it was metric. But my guess is it was not.
I have a 5'4" skinny wife who has offered to do it. (will need to be via the speaker hole). lol.
FYI, I bought some Cobra Jets (ultimates with single fangs for each side).
My wife will drive the boat willingly now and the low speed bow wander is significantly reduced.
reverse is stronger and more directional. I can tell when my noobness has the steeringwheel the wrong way fast enough to do something about it vs before you'd wait and it'd be going the wrong way hard before you could tell.

worth it for what I paid. (I bought used.)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to take a speaker out to do it as well. No skinny wife needed when doing it that way. You will be gold !

I am almost thinking the cobras were the way to go as well. I would love to know at what speed/force the Thrust Vectors come up. As the boat wanders constantly at what we call Putt-Putt speed. You know, that 4 drink cruise along the shoreline. A person is constantly steering. Where my boat with cobrajet steering was not nearly as bad.

The lateral thrusters on the other hand are money. They allow me to maneuver my Yamaha like I did my SeaDoo last year. Parallel parking a 24' boat is the ultimate in show-off moves at the dock/bar

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Almost certain it was an M8x1.25. I had to replace the aft nut on the port side front rail on that boat once upon a time