• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 AR240 engine cavitation above 3K RPMs

JustinM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Jet Boaters

I have a 2011 AR240, all basic maintenance done each season, motors run well; turn on, idle, rev to 3K RPMs, but when I increase thrust on the right engine throttle above 3K RPMs, the right engine loses nearly all power and begins to cavitate pretty significantly. Shaking, buzzing noise and no power. It seems like it has no vacuum to the right engine and therefore cannot thrust. The right engine plug was fully seated, no debris in the jet pump housing, and the gasket looked old, but undamaged.

Is this something anyone else has dealt with? Do I just need to replace the jet plug to restore vacuum and thrust? Please let me know how you guys would approach it.

Thanks so much

Justin

I

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would pull the pump to fully inspect the impeller. Also make sure that there is no missing silicone in the tunnel or around the intake grate.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt it's your cleanout plug

JustinM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice.

Do you have any video resources for how to remove the pump and perform the servicing you suggested? I am super handy, but not experienced with this removal. Thanks again.

Justin

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In our faq section or YouTube