• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2012 212X/SS For Sale <MO>

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn that is a nice boat.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Lspeedss. It really is a nice boat and we took really good care of it. It really is a one of a kind. We've had a few people look at it and rave over how clean it's condition is. Unfortunately they just couldn't buy until next spring and they were sick about walking away from it.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well its really cool you have two awesome boats...but..well Ill let you finish that statement.

Hope it works out for y'all.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Were I in the market today that would be the model I'd be looking for. Someone will be blessed to own it.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Listing price drop, trying to move this thing people. Help me out here. LOL

Mark_ATX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Nice boat! Just a heads up, the photos your wife attached are only thumbnail sized.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Talk to me people, what do I have to do to move this thing. Ideas, suggestions, haven't even had a single person make an offer of any kind. It's equipped similarly to the 2012 212x that Williamsone46 just sold and is priced similarly, so what am I doing wrong?

Mark_ATX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I think it is just the end of the season and folks that are shopping are looking for killer deals or they're waiting for 2015 models to make 2014 inventory even cheaper. No buyers are in a hurry and your target buyer (vs. someone who would just spend $40k on a new boat) might be hard to come by. If you truly must sell now, you're probably going to have to cut it until it hurts. If you're gonna slash - do it before all the other end of year sellers do likewise.

I just bought a used jet boat after talking the owner down on an already good deal. All the toys and features more or less become sunk costs. I'm not saying your boat isn't worth the price, but you may have a hard time incentivizing a buyer at over $40k. Every seller I spoke with was very motivated to move their boat. If you can hang onto it until next season, you might be better off.

You're in a tough spot, but hopefully advertising far and wide will help. Good luck, I truly hope it works out for you!!!

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's just it Mark, it's been up for sale for about 8 weeks now, so it was marketed well early in the season, but I literally have had no one make a single offer of any kind, not even a low ball offer. Boggles my mind.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Super sweet boat. But I think with all the accessories you have put on it narrowed down your buyers to a very specific buyer. But be patient and it will sale. Can you trade it in on your new one?

@trace how long has it been for sale?

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can't trade it, would really take a bath on trade. I agree on narrowed buyer group based on accessories, but can't undo it now. Been for sale since the last week of June.

Jmauld

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Talk to me people, what do I have to do to move this thing. Ideas, suggestions, haven't even had a single person make an offer of any kind. It's equipped similarly to the 2012 212x that Williamsone46 just sold and is priced similarly, so what am I doing wrong?
I think the problem is that people (like me) who are searching for a 212ss aren't really looking for a boat with a tower and ballasts. Maybe if you list it as a 212x (put 212x in the title instead of /x), you'll get more hits from people searching for a boat that has those items?

I assume that the tower install can't be undone without leaving holes in the hull?

Last edited:

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Major price drop to $37995, we cut this till we are bleeding at this point, really need to move this boat, have a window I'm working in at this price, but understand I am actually throwing in thousands in cash out of pocket to get it to this number.

Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Where else are you marketing this?

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Craigslist in multiple areas, YJB, local dealer has it on their site and has it listed on their Craigslist in multiple areas as well. Any suggestions on good places to list with some traffic?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Where is it sitting? I'm not sure what else you can do. Maybe try marketing it in places that still have some boating season left.

Last edited:

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any body want to buy a really nice boat? Make me an offer.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I must be missing something. I cannot understand why such a great boat has not sold at such a great price.