• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2012 212X/SS For Sale <MO>

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its gotta be timing of both season and 2015 new model announcement.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still for sale if anyone is looking for a great deal on a loaded boat that is in excellent condition.

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Honestly, I think it's the aftermarket tower scaring folks off... but I could be wrong. Again, it's my opinion, but folks spending that much on a boat I think are looking for more of a factory boat.

Don't get me wrong... It's a beautiful boat and you've got some great mods on it. I say pull the tower off, cap the holes, and tint the windshield. That will give it that "SS" look. Market the tower with the boat, but not on the boat. This way the new buyer can add it at his discretion or they could even sell it if it's not they're thing.

Just my .02

D

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trace, I just listed my boat on here after seeing two other boats sell in no time flat. Your guess is as good as any on why yours is sitting longer....though the two I saw sell were a little older (like mine) and therefore had a lower price point.

As for the aftermarket tower - I can attest to the fact that if it's installed correctly, there are no issues. Mines been on there three years and not even the slightest of a spider crack has developed. Yamaha hulls are the same for models with or without the tower, they use plywood backing to support the tower. Same thing I did with mine. I've taught multiple people (including big guys) how to wake board and I swear people learning to get up put way more pressure on the tower than anyone else. No issues.

Bonus for my model year (and maybe yours) the tower I installed folds down. The 2007 AR model tower was fixed and I've had several occasions where I've folded mine to get under a bridge or store my boat.

Good luck with your sale.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I agree @Tollus , that tower is a
Much better tower than a stock tower. And on a related note, how many threads have we read that towers are
Delivered loose. So even a factory install isn't better than that of a good installer. As well as many of the factory towers and windshields experienced spider cracks due to poor installation. An aftermarket tower done right would be my choice too. You have a good boat there @trace , it is just a fluke that one sells faster than another if everything else is equal. Anyone wanting a boat set up for wake and surf would be getting a better value by buying a boat like yours that is already dialed in, especially with your equipment list!

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and perspectives. This boat is a steal at the current pricing with no options and it's still for sale if you know anyone looking for a great boat.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still for sale at a great price.

I just added 5 videos to the first post and updated the entire listing in the first post.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Why didn't you have it for sale a couple years ago when i was shopping?
I wonder if the new brands coming out is stealing used boat sales?

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just a quick bump, this boat is still for sale at a great price. The price is actually going to go up a bit in January due to some lost tax advantages. Hurry hurry, this would make a great Christmas present, lol.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your Bluetooth Ballast App is really cool, @trace !:thumbsup:

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks GT, it was a ton of fun working it out and setting up the interface.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now that boat show season is upon us and everybody has seen the new boats with new boat pricing. Here is a loaded boat at a great price still for sale and turn key ready for new year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Straight up trade? Lol
You selling anywhere else? Surprised it's still here!

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Straight up trade? Lol
You selling anywhere else? Surprised it's still here!
Me too, Lee me too. Got it on the other site, on boat trader, had it on ebay, on local dealer website, on local dealers Craigslist ads in other regions.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
posts like this make me leery as im hoping to sell mine spring 2016 to go v drive as well, guess i better pay down enough to almost give it away, good luck and hopefully yours will sell in the spring

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No doubt it will sell in the spring. Once the warmer weather hits people will be coming out of the wood work.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@trace Any luck on the sale?

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had a few tire kickers and a really low offer I had to pass on in the last month. But other than that, it's still for sale.