• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 parts discontinued

The part no for 2010, 2013 and 2014 is F2D-U565A-01-00 and is available $150, My 2011 F2D-U565A-10-00 is not and nor is 2012 F2D-U565A-20-00
Maybe 2011 and 2012 were discontinued because they were crap and they reverted to the 2010 item. This is 99.9% likely to fit. It might be a different colour but I doubt it, more likely it is a better material - fibreglass?
I will attempt to repair mine for now and put at least one extra screw in the bottom. I had already changed the screws for ones with larger heads.
I think you are on to something. It does look like the same part. They are back ordered also but I ordered one with an expected ship date of 45-60 days. Time will tell what shows up, but I will update the post when it arrives.

I think you are on to something. It does look like the same part. They are back ordered also but I ordered one with an expected ship date of 45-60 days. Time will tell what shows up, but I will update the post when it arrives.
We ran into the same issue, so we ordered one off the 2013 parts list over the winter as the boat was in storage. When it arrived, we had to prep the vinyl covering (black) to accept a vinyl/leather spray that we found to be very close in color to the original.
Instructions also had to be given to those who join us, "THIS IS NOT A GRAB HANDLE, ANY QUESTIONS?"
I really like that lower trim piece you installed, really sets it off, making it look more "high end".

Mine was star cracked around every screw hole and some other lengthly cracks. I peeled back the vinyl on the rear and used a hot glue gun to secure all the broken pieces in the right place. I taped the holes on the outside and filled them with hot glue (plasticene would be better). I then put a layer of 450g fibreglass around the edge and on all cracks, let that cure then a layer over the whole thing except the deep narrow area. I carefully ground away excess with an angle grinder and glued the vinyl back down. The polyester resin does not bond well to the crappy plastic but it will be good enough.

Has anyone had any luck ordering one of these [F2D-U565A-01-0 ]? I've been on back order since July of 2021.

Mine was star cracked around every screw hole and some other lengthly cracks. I peeled back the vinyl on the rear and used a hot glue gun to secure all the broken pieces in the right place. I taped the holes on the outside and filled them with hot glue (plasticene would be better). I then put a layer of 450g fibreglass around the edge and on all cracks, let that cure then a layer over the whole thing except the deep narrow area. I carefully ground away excess with an angle grinder and glued the vinyl back down. The polyester resin does not bond well to the crappy plastic but it will be good enough.

I have not been able to find one. Do you remember where you ordered it from? TY

We ran into the same issue, so we ordered one off the 2013 parts list over the winter as the boat was in storage. When it arrived, we had to prep the vinyl covering (black) to accept a vinyl/leather spray that we found to be very close in color to the original.
Instructions also had to be given to those who join us, "THIS IS NOT A GRAB HANDLE, ANY QUESTIONS?"
I really like that lower trim piece you installed, really sets it off, making it look more "high end".

That's awesome! I had one on order from them for a year and they just canceled it. I gave up and had to fix the one I had. I put a layer of fiberglass on the bottom and reinforced the top lip with JB weld steel sticks. (They are a putty so easy to mold). After all that you can now litterly use it as a grab bar.

That's awesome! I had one on order from them for a year and they just canceled it. I gave up and had to fix the one I had. I put a layer of fiberglass on the bottom and reinforced the top lip with JB weld steel sticks. (They are a putty so easy to mold). After all that you can now litterly use it as a grab bar.
Do you have any pictures of your repair? I am getting tired of watching my flop around on every wave. such a poor design

Back