• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 SX190

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im looking at buying a used 2012 SX 190. Anything particular I should look out for on this model/year? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! :Welcome:Great boat.
The hull and engines are all pretty much the same on the SX190, AR190, and FSH. Get an hour read from the owner, if you have access to a YDS (Yamaha Diagnostic System) cable maybe you can read the history of Alarms or Error codes that it will have stored. Overheats are probably the worst thing and thats only if it wasn't dealt with immediately. Im careful and I know i have one in memory from a stint of pulling a tube in tight circles. About the only other worrisome item is the timing chain on the 1.8's. But, theres is absolutely no way to know if you're going to get the jackpot on that one and have it break on you, soooooo look over the whole boat and look for the little things. If its clean and has had all its regular maintenance than you're probably looking at a good family boat. If the small things were neglected, chances are good the regular maintenance wasn't kept up on. Ask lots of questions, and ask lots of questions here too! Great community, and no stigma for being new to boating or jet boating.

Great boat right here:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2012-yamaha-sx190.13168/#post-232104

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. That is the boat I am currently looking at.