• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 242 Limited S at Car Dealer

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
New to the forum, thanks for all the great info so far. Does anyone have any info on the 242 at Texas Auto sales outside Orlando? The guy says they bought it at auction. Only 111 hours on it. They replaced the cushions and did a “tune up”. Any info would be appreciated. I’m not too keen on buying from a car dealer who doesn’t know where the boat really came from......

Thanks!

Dave

I wouldn't be to keen on it either, They would have to give me a test ride or the price would have to be very low to make me gamble,

It could have impeller/air intrusion issues that might take 10 minutes to fix or countless hours and frustration of a new boat not operating correctly,

I would love to hear their definition of a "tune up" as at 111 hours if it was serviced, there should be very little to tune. And if the cushions were replaced, then it had plenty of sun exposure abuse. Anyone that cares so little for their boat than to properly cover it, didn't probably care for the rest of the boat as well.

That's what would be crossing my mind when looking at a used boat. I can see through dirt, but I can read through abuse.

Yeah, I'd go through something like that pretty thoroughly. If there is an authorized Yamaha dealer nearby I would have them look it over.

I'm in Orlando also. I see lots of ~5 year old boats around here with new interiors so I would not let that deter you unless the replacements were of poor quality. I looked the boat up on their website, definitely priced fairly in the ballpark. I would want to know who did the "tune up" (Yamaha dealer or them) and an invoice from the repair. Go down and crawl around the interior and exterior, make an offer based on a successful extended test drive and compression check.

There are a lot of pics online. I'm not super familiar with the 24' boats (afraid to look because I will upgrade) but that looks like all seats were replaced. It also appears that the head unit and rear controls are new. I also see that one engine has 111 hours and the other has 108 hours which seems pretty odd to me. Not being perfectly in sync is expected but three hours off seems like quite a difference.

https://www.texasmotorsautosales.com/inventory/details/45420688

I also see some marks on the hull but overall it's hard to tell with low res pictures.

K51 Large letters on the boat.... rental maybe...

Drystacked/Stored Probably

Back