• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 AR240 bow light

Crimson36

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I smashed the original against the dock and have tried 3x to order a replacement.

The part no is Yamaha GP1-U8130-00, and is advertised on every website using a photo of the correct part but each time they keep sending me this and I'm going crazy! I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I've seen other threads of folks replacing or "upgrading" their bow nav lights with similar parts but I just want the original. Any clue what I'm doing wrong here? Screenshot_20220602-223542_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• 20220602_223806.jpg
    20220602_223806.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
It seems like that is a generic part number for a bow light. The actual light may change every year, 2 years, 5 years...who knows and they won't stock every single years exact model used on a particular boat. I just had my light go out last night it's crappy incandescent lightbulb that was corroded. Terrible design. I replaced with LED that should be here today.

Thanks! Did this light require any modifications to the mounting scheme? IE did you have to drill new screw holes or reposition anything?

I had to drill two holes for the new light, but the light covered the two original holes. Otherwise, it fit nicely and is very bright.

Here are a couple pics of the nav light.

Attachments

• 20220606_192844.jpg
    20220606_192844.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 20220606_192848.jpg
    20220606_192848.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Thanks! Did this light require any modifications to the mounting scheme? IE did you have to drill new screw holes or reposition anything?
Did you go with this option for your 2019 AR 240?

I smashed the original against the dock and have tried 3x to order a replacement.

The part no is Yamaha GP1-U8130-00, and is advertised on every website using a photo of the correct part but each time they keep sending me this and I'm going crazy! I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I've seen other threads of folks replacing or "upgrading" their bow nav lights with similar parts but I just want the original. Any clue what I'm doing wrong here? View attachment 179511

I’m in the same situation right now - it’s annoying! What did you end up doing?

Attwood is a maker of many generic boat parts that Yamaha and others use. My bow light and the one in the op’s pic are Attwood. Searching their catalog (pdf) yields better results than looking at their webpages. You can then go to Amazon or wherever and search for the part number.

I bought mine from Yamaha and it was a Atwood light I could have bought on Amazon for $20.

My bulb went out and I went LED. Note the smaller foot print of the new unit.

Bow Light LED - off.jpg

Bow Light LED - red.jpg

Bow Light LED Back SIde Showing Holes.jpg

Back