• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 Yamaha ar240 restart problem

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2013 ar240, runs great when started..... after shutting it down, I have to wait 10 minutes and it starts. I changed plugs, cleaned out the tray, check the two cutoff switches and made sure intake grate are cleaned. I am stumped? Im thinking my fuel line could be clogging when I shut down or maybe my throttlebody is acting up? Any direction on where I can look next?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems to be common. Usually the port engine. Happened to me yesterday, had to crank the port side for a while to start it. Only happened once though. People have said to leave blowers on for a while after shutting down to evacuate all the heat and that seems to help me.

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Appreciate the response,

The port engine stalled after 1 minute of running and it sounded horrible.

I need to find a trust worthy Yamaha mechanic to help trouble shoot my thoughts.

Is there a fuel filter in the gas tank or Im thinking I might have a fuel pump problem, injectors maybe or week coils?

Any thoughts? Appreciate the feedback. I’m mechanically inclined and trying to understand the simple things I might be missing??

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Happens even on my new boat once in a while. Almost like vapor lock on old, carb'd cars from before fuel injection. I've remedy'd it by just letting the engine idle a minute or so after hard use to let it cool before I shut it down.