• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 Yamaha Jet Nozzle different

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hi All. Hoping someone can help clarify. Bought a 2013 Yamaha 242 limited used. After I got it home and started looking at some items closer, noticed that the Thrust Vector system on each jet was different. One was a XL and the other an XV. Biggest question I would have would be - Do you think this would cause a big difference in maintaining a straight line at low wake? Boat was pretty squirlly at low speed but granted was only out once so far. I did notice a good amount of difference in spray when towing between the two. Probably upgrade anyways and emailed Will about it but thought I would ask here too.

Then looking even closer, it also seems like the jet nozzles are different too. I know the previous owner said an engine and pump was replaced. So it's almost like they bought a full setup used and just bolted it on. The starboard nozzle is clearly different in design. So I assume this boat didn't come from the factory like this. I believe that the upgraded (starboard) steering nozzle is from a newer yamaha that has the bolt on articulating keel but please correct me if I am wrong. Really just looking for guidance on whether I should hunt down the right parts and whether what is on the boat might be the cause of some strange issues - like not being able to back up left.

Thanks
Joe

Attachments