• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 242LS Oil/filter Change

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys I remember seeing on here in the past a thread Re: Oil/filter and spark plug change. I have the 2014 242LS and wanting to change oil/filters and spark plugs. Yes I did a search but came up empty.

Any help would be great. Did you pump the oil out? Drain it? where did you buy the parts. what oil? Im in Houston, Texas.

Thanks!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
look in the FAQ under general maintenance, just be sure to check the part numbers since you have the 1.8L motors you will have a different filter and plugs than the MR1 engines. It's an easy job and definitely worth doing yourself if for nothing else to get yourself more acquainted with your boat,

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member