• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2014 and 2015 Guaranteed trade in rate? Gimmick or Not?

You are stuck thinking you can only invest money into a stock market...

Actually, I didn't say anything about "Stock Markets". . . . I said "market" which while inclusive of the "Stock Market" usually tends to mean the overal market economy (jobs, housing, stock, etc. . . ). I believe in being diversified both in and out of the "stock market".

Some people are happy hoping to make 2.99% in a market like you, others look at making 2.99% as A LOSS

I am not sure where you got the impresion that I am happy making 2.99%. . . . and though I might look at making more than 2.99%favorably, you certainly can not call making 2.99% a loss.

I'm no rocket scientist, but i did study nuclear engineering, reactor theory, quantum physics, and my math skills tell me your wrong.

Also, I will quote my wise and departed grandpa who once said, "son, if it fucks, flies, or floats.....rent it don't buy it"

Peace!

Your grandfather seems like a wise man, why didn't you take his advice? I assume you are financing a purchase and not a rental.

Additionally, I am not sure what your math skills are attempting to calculate. Would you mind presenting your equation to lend credibilty to the claim that my "opinion" is wrong.

Just figured I would defend us "non-rocket scientists" out here with some historical facts.

As I read back through this chain, to see where the tone turned sour. . . . . . I realized that my comment to @HidnNOS about not being mistaken for a rocket scientist, while meant as a joke, was in poor taste. So for that I apologize.

The whole point of this post was to guage whether or not people thought this new warranty was a gimmick.

While it adds SOME more value than was there before. . . . to me, and several others it seems to be more like slick marketing, than substanitive value.

When we branched out to whether or not this makes financial sense (based on the offers mandatory 180 month term). . . . .

Each and everyone's financial circumstances are different. What is good for 1 is not good for all. With different income levels and expenses you have to choose wisely what is right for you and yours.

For those with cash in hand ready to buy. . . while I will concede the point that you MIGHT be able to make more than 3.99% over the 5 year period leading up to the trade. You are NOT guranteed as much, whereas the interest rate you are paying to borrow that money is fixed at 3.99%.

I do find it interesting that there are some that would demonize saving for something and paying for it once you have the money. Doing this instead of paying to borrow should, in my mind be encouraged. While I did not do it to join a forum and beat my chest about it, I will admit there is a certain level of pride in free and clear ownership. As @jetboater4life suggested - I guess it's all about the level of risk you are willing to take, and how much faith you have in the market. I for one do not have much faith that this "recovery" will last without a MAJOR correction if not an outright reversal.

But I really don't want to get into the Obama Economy right now, since there are no politics allowed. [flag]

Your grandfather seems like a wise man, why didn't you take his advice? I assume you are financing a purchase and not a rental.

Dang dude! I was just trying to make a joke and keep the thread light hearted. I surrender.:dead:

Man this is getting worse then the 50 cent, Floyd Mayweather beef !!!!

That is what you used your 666th comment on. . . . ? ;)

Dang dude! I was just trying to make a joke and keep the thread light hearted. I surrender.:dead:

I thought it was a valid question. . . . . . considering what a beating I was taking. :blackeye:

@Bruce we need some more emoticons dude. Otherwise we may wind up mis-understanding each other o_O

Man this is getting worse then the 50 cent, Floyd Mayweather beef !!!!
I was going to compare it to the Kelly Osborne/Christina Aguilera spat..:dead:
lol, just kidding guys, couldn't resist:winkingthumbsup"

I was going to compare it to the Kelly Osborne/Christina Aguilera spat..:dead:
lol, just kidding guys, couldn't resist:winkingthumbsup"

That is fine, as long as I'm Christina.

"Two daughters playing high school volleyball and basketball it seems I spend a lot of time on gym bleachers. Perfect example, it was beautiful this Saturday and I was at a volleyball tournament from 10:00-5:00."

Ha ha BigN8 watch out then they play volleyball in college and instead of driving to tournaments you are checking not just hotels for the weekend tournament but the airfare to get there! Or be stuck watching the online streams and wondering what injury your kid suffered because all of a sudden she's not in the match! What's a boat????

Back