• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR210 overheats in-use AND also when flushing

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now, If you remove the thermostat and run it for a short time as @Scottintexas advised, water will will come out of hole. If it does not either water is not getting to thermostat housing or water exit hose is disconnected somewhere from thermostat housing. Make sure your drain plug on the bottom of your hull is removed in case water is collecting in bilge, which seems unlikely.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While you are doing this, I would disconnect the battery for safety.

mrodz123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I’m kinda stuck here now... don’t wanna force something that’s not meant to be forced.

The clamp holding the hose won’t budge, and the piece inside this housing (which I believe is the thermostat) doesn’t pop out by hand. I’m afraid to try to wedge it out with something as that would likely compromise the grommet. Ideas? What’s my next move to get this baby out? Thanks!

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would try gently tapping the metal disk of the thermostat around its circumference. Use a paint stick for instance to pry on it a little! Moisten it, too!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

the first is an outboard youtube but I figured it would be similar enough, the second link is a picture of the thermostat from an MR1,

I would just pry on the rubber gasket with a flat head to pop it out, but I've been known to break stuff while fixing stuff,

mrodz123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

the first is an outboard youtube but I figured it would be similar enough, the second link is a picture of the thermostat from an MR1,

I would just pry on the rubber gasket with a flat head to pop it out, but I've been known to break stuff while fixing stuff,
Thanks I managed to pry it out with a spatula by first cleaning some salt buildup long the ridge. She looks bad. Time to clean the housing and test without the stat!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks I managed to pry it out with a spatula by first cleaning some salt buildup long the ridge. She looks bad. Time to clean the housing and test without the stat!
We don't get to see a picture of it ??

mrodz123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Success! No alarm on port side engine. You guys are amazing! Can’t thank you enough.

Clean and try same existing thermostats? Or replace with new?

My next project will be a new thread. Objective to ease up stiff throttle and steering. But I’ll save that for another day, as it’s off topic on this post :)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great !!

i'd buy new, it's not that expensive, you may spend more time cleaning and testing, maybe clean it and keep it as a spare,

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would clean it up, test it, and keep using it, if possible, because I do not have $89.67+shipping to spare. Or you could do both. Glad you had success.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would clean it up, test it, and keep using it, if possible, because I do not have $89.67+shipping to spare. Or you could do both. Glad you had success.
whooa, maybe I spoke a little to soon, my cheapness is kicking in and for $90+ I may spend an hour trying to make it work, especially since I'd be doing two of them,

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Vinegar and Dawn should help clean it.

mrodz123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I needed a few other random parts, like the band that holds the ladder in place when not in use, and a few other miscellaneous things like that. Went ahead and added the two thermostats and got free shipping on the order. I'll clean the old thermostats and keep as spares as suggested. Thanks again :)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If that is what your T-stats look like then I am concerned about the internals of your water jackets.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If that is what your T-stats look like then I am concerned about the internals of your water jackets.
@mrodz123 As @buckbuck expressed some concern, it will be very helpful to this forum/thread to keep us informed as to your long term progress with these engines.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine does not overheat flushing ,only after about 15-20 minutes running,and both engines alternate back and forth,could say d silt be in block causing restriction? No kinks in hoses,haven't pulled any to check jet flow when running,thermostats are opening,previous shop removed thermostats and did same,put new ones in ,same problem,any suggestions??