• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR210 overheats in-use AND also when flushing

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Waterman1957 If there is some loose sediment in cooling water passages, you might be able to flush it out by running above medium rpms for a few minutes. If doing that stops it from overheating, I would make it a habit of running the engines from time to time, for about a minute, without hose water, to dry out the cooling system. My worst overheating problems developed while my boat was not being used and the residual water left in the cooling system from flushing led to a fast growing microbial buildup that clogged the cylinder water jackets.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Waterman1957 If there is some loose sediment in cooling water passages, you might be able to flush it out by running above medium rpms for a few minutes. If doing that stops it from overheating, I would make it a habit of running the engines from time to time, for about a minute, without hose water, to dry out the cooling system. My worst overheating problems developed while my boat was not being used and the residual water left in the cooling system from flushing led to a fast growing microbial buildup that clogged the cylinder water jackets.
Amazing! I just pulled thermostats and that's exactly what's going on,!! Block not getting proper flush from owner,I love being marine mechanic!! Lolol!

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amazing! I just pulled thermostats and that's exactly what's going on,!! Block not getting proper flush from owner,I love being marine mechanic!! Lolol!
Stuff is slimy greasy,and leaves a plastic like film you can peel off thermo housing!crazy!

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Waterman1957 That is why I dry run the engines from time to time while the boat is not in use. No water, no microbial buildup.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Waterman1957 That is why I dry run the engines from time to time while the boat is not in use. No water, no microbial buildup.
Yup,I'll keep you posted,I'm gonna do a flush that should remove this growth,to bad no block drains!!

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it has built up in cylinder water jackets, it will not flush out. I have removed the heads on both engines three times after attempting to flush them.That's why I suggested taking it out and running at medium rpms for several minutes. Hopefully, you may not even have an internal blockage. Thanks for posting. BTW, the block does drain through the hose coming from the bottom of Cylinder #4. Problem is, it still stays very wet in the cylinder water jackets. That is why I periodically dry run the engines for about a minute each. I have not had any overheating since I began doing this.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it has built up in cylinder water jackets, it will not flush out. I have removed the heads on both engines three times after attempting to flush them.That's why I suggested taking it out and running at medium rpms for several minutes. Hopefully, you may not even have an internal blockage. Thanks for posting. BTW, the block does drain through the hose coming from the bottom of Cylinder #4. Problem is, it still stays very wet in the cylinder water jackets. That is why I periodically dry run the engines for about a minute each. I have not had any overheating since I began doing this.
Since it is getting stuck at the thermostat,and attaching to it ,I'll run it a few times and see if I can get it all out,problem is once it has begun to form it sounds like it's gonna keep growing and so on till the boat gets used more and properly drained and dried

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually pulled the thermostats,put in only the restricted plates with rubber seals and am going to run it for a few days on and off to see if it gets any better,I have the yds and got it working finally after a few programming glitches,so I can see if I'm getting anywhere before tearing off heads,

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Waterman1957 I agree. You, definitely, do not want to remove the head if it is not necessary. That can present new challenges and obstacles. I knew I had an overheating problem by Cylinder #1 by taking infra red readings in excess of the temp sensor specifications. Flushing did not help so I felt I had no choice.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll do some infrared temps again to see what's up and see if yds agrees change in temperature and block is lowering and time of sensors going off,yesterday I got alot farther down river before alarms went off,hope I'm going right direction!! Lol

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is yours the 1100 or 1800?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reason I ask is there is a 1100 and 1800. Both are AR 210. 1100 has starter on the starboard side. 1800 has starter on port side. Which do you have?

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starter on starboard side both engines,under exhaust manifold

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have had success running on the water, sea trials at higher rpms are the way I would try to clear the water jackets. Hopefully, you can flush them clean. Even going a little farther is positive.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup on same track,shoot for tomorrow,will be in touch with this

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took a hose a ND flushed from thermo intake hose to intake coming from jet,finding no sand or dirt , perfectly clean,nothing at all contaminating ,I'm still looking,looks as though raw water drains back from block to jet to drain block,was no water when I disconnected it