• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 sx210 bad valve

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure how many guys on here like to actually get dirty. This is sort of a continuation of my last post.

Long story short. discovered stuck open exhaust valve on cyl1.
Debating on cleaning and putting that back together. Seemed to have rust and buildup keeping it from going back closed. Weak spring too?

Also discovered unrelated cam journal wear on the intake side for cyl 2 and 3. No problems on the cam itself. Debating on polishing the journals down.

Additionally, its been astounding to witness all the , what I would imagine is sand, in the water passages. Theyre all built up. I guess these things just suck it right up off the river in shallow water?

Please See pics. One just showing the good journals on the same cam exhaust valve.JPG2 bad journals.JPGgood journals.JPGfor reference

Thanks!
Kevin

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have seen a lot of cooling passages with sand in them , once it starts to attach to the walls it just keeps on attaching and I have seen the sand just fill the passages.
Remember if you are driving in passes or under bridges and you see the water is yellow or dark it may be suspended sand and it gets in the engines. I run in salt water only and very shallow water mostly so I have a mixture of dawn dish soap and a liquid car was soap that has the liquid wax in it . I use a dish soap bottle to put this into some pig tail fittings I make for the flush fittings before I flush the engine and when I see the soap suds stop coming out of the system I am finished.. I build 6 inch pigtails with quick releases to do this easily. Been doing this for many years with excellent results.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_0059.png
Water jacket was totally plugged with crap.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would say many of us here like to dig in and find the problems. Not an MR-1, but it still sucks to lose an engine on a boat. Lost a cylinder on a Yamaha 9.9hp OB, on Grimalkin, a new to us catamaran, coming up the Hudson to Lake Champlain last week. Started the tear down yesterday.

5F7C0569-A93A-4D29-90E0-AC3C107627F8.jpeg

Glad I brought a spare motor along.

6AD2C74E-DCA2-4C8A-9852-53388BE6EF9B.jpegD10B66A6-DDE8-4195-BFE9-1CDFF1D99873.jpeg

Last edited: