• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 212x sub location

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking for input/recommendations for potential locations for a 10" sub in a 2015 212x. Install expected to take place later this week. Any thoughts?

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Picking mine up for the installers today, I'll snap some picks... You planning on infinite baffle sub? Or putting it in a box?

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Infinite baffle. Looking forward to your photos. Looking at a JL M700 and the JL MX10 sub. Will swap factory polks if necessary if amplification doesn't help enough.

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does the factory Clarion head unit have the capability to control the sub level or did you add the separate switch?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Right behind the captains seat is where I put mine!

Subwoofer.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ditto. x2. Even though I didn't want to and everyone kept saying that was the best spot. Low and behold, they were right! And the cooler still fits.

IMG_20150403_122539.jpg

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does the factory Clarion head unit have the capability to control the sub level or did you add the separate switch?
I just played with the backside of that Clarion head unit, wiring in a Kicker Hideaway (port side). If you run your amp off the non-fading pre-amp outs (purple and purple/white) you will have some ability to control the signal level from the head unit (sub level). You may still want your separate switch, though.

Also, in my 212x, the blue/white remote power wire from the Clarion was bundled in with all the line level amped connections - as if it were connected to something. After scratching my head for an hour, I went ahead and clipped it and wired it to my amplified sub. It didn't cut power to anything. Hope this helps.

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Not brave enough to tackle myself but will definitely share with my stereo guy. Looking forward to the upgrade!

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Not brave enough to tackle myself but will definitely share with my stereo guy. Looking forward to the upgrade!
If he finds that 'remote' wire is actually powering something, let me know! ;)

Also, your guy will want to remove the bow back cushion, starboard side to access the back of the dash/head unit. You have to reach up behind from the storage area below and find three wing nuts to remove the cushion back, then carefully lift/wiggle it off. There's an open access hole behind it.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
When your done with the install get ahold of me, I have some great setting on your HU for those subs to ROCK even more then when you get it back from the installer, unless he already knows lol

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
He showed me a setting in the HU to adjust but would love to know if there's something else I could do. He mentioned something about the sub needing to "break in" and then I could really turn up the setting if I wanted. Does that sound right? Finally got the JL tower speakers in this week and getting them installed next week.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
When Im back at the boat ill find it....i think its called "MX" or something like that...turn that on then tweak