• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2015 24' Boats RPM

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What RPMs are you getting on your engines on your 2015 24 foot boat? I am getting 7500 on Port and 7300 ish on Starboard.

7500 and app 7420 ish, never quite makes it to 7500 on starboard. I've also still only seen 47 mph with our boat so far with full tank, 6 people, Bimini up and all of our junk on board.

7500 ish and 47 mph @ 4500 ft elevation.... :winkingthumbsup"

7550- 7600, 51mph is my best so far...

7700 and 7750 after installing intake manifold kit. Picked up about 200 rpms.
52.8 with just me and half tank of fuel. 1100' elevation.

7700 and 7750 after installing intake manifold kit. Picked up about 200 rpms.
52.8 with just me and half tank of fuel. 1100' elevation.
What exactly is the intake kit? And how much? I have gotten 52 mph with 2 people and low fuel. Would love to get more if possible.

It is the Riva racing manifold upgrade. It replaces the screens that are in the intake with billet sleeves. $80 bucks for the pair. There are a couple posts with the part #. I'm on my phone or I would send you the link. Video on you tube showing how to install. Takes about an hour

It is the Riva racing manifold upgrade. It replaces the screens that are in the intake with billet sleeves. $80 bucks for the pair. There are a couple posts with the part #. I'm on my phone or I would send you the link. Video on you tube showing how to install. Takes about an hour
I will check it out. Thanks for the info.

7300 port, <7300 starboard at 800 ft elevation. 47 mph.

California CARB boat in North Carolina. Rant over.

MAN --- that's a lot!!
I'm only getting 4-5 PBRs per side. ohh.... wait, you said "RPM" - my bad

My digital readout is saying 7780 when pegged.

@subysti is that straight from factory or did you mod anything? What speed are you hitting?

Very jealous!

Haven't done a thing to it. That's with 2 people and a full tank. I've hit 52 a couple times. Yesterday with 7 people I topped out at 48. I also use premium gas. Dealer told me regular but shop manual says 90 octane. Mid grade is 89 and premium is 91 so I go 91.

I just found this picture from the second time out last October. Looks like fuel was low and I bet it was just me and my wife. Apparently, I have had better RPM's at some point, but seem to reproduce it now. I am going to give her a spark plug change and fill up with Premium and see if that makes a difference.

50.jpg

I am not sure which is more accurate the tachs or Connext. My tachs say 7500rpm, Connect 7400. Speed, connext 51mph my Garmin 48mph. My elevation is 0'.

Wow, I thought the new connext was all gps, why would it vary from the garmin?

Yup Connext is GPS, but I guess there are slight variations. Could be that the Connext antenna is mounted in a better location to receive the signal rather than the Garmin internal antenna.

I just took mine in for the 10 hour service today and when im wide open im getting 7800 on the left and 7500 on the right so I thought maybe they need to adjust the throttles to get them closer but it sounds like its common for them to be off. we always get 49 or 50 even with top up. I would like to get more if anyone figures out how and its signifigant but for 2mph im not going to spend much for that. I love mine but I really do wish they were at least in the mid 50's. wouldn't go back to my old one though and it was quite a bit faster but no where near as nice.

Isn't the starboard engine a little lower due to pump loading? I know if I'm cruising at 5800 rpm matched exactly the starboard engine uses a touch more fuel also indicating some pump loading variance. Typically the port engine revs a little higher because of this. This is normal operation and no adjustments necessary.

Back