• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy 2015+ 242 limited s

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking for a serious, and honorable seller looking to sell the 2015+ 242 limited s somewhere around 42k. In Columbus, Ohio so would love the boat to be somewhere in the Midwest, ready to sell (no contingency) and want to enter into a firm sales agreement. Looking forward to seeing what’s out there at the end of the season.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Around 42 might be a stretch for a 242 limited s, unless it is in less than desirable condition. Buy who knows?
Ar240s are going for around that for those years.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As prospective jet boat owner I don't know enough of the difference between the s and e-series. drive by wire and the built in wake control system I have seen Can someone point me a breakdown on what the difference really is? Just trying to see if the features could qualify the jump.

On a second note, I have had two other boats already in the price range slip away.. One on a failure for the boat owner to realize his contingency (buying the boat next to him that boat owner couldn't find the boat he wanted to upgrade to, etc) and the second I had everything but possession (4 states away) and a local cash offer swept in an took it (still kinda in shock over that one). So I know there are out there, its just a matter of finding the right seller.. Now I am open to understanding the jump to e-series more because I do like the look of that boat.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As prospective jet boat owner I don't know enough of the difference between the s and e-series. drive by wire and the built in wake control system I have seen Can someone point me a breakdown on what the difference really is? Just trying to see if the features could qualify the jump.

On a second note, I have had two other boats already in the price range slip away.. One on a failure for the boat owner to realize his contingency (buying the boat next to him that boat owner couldn't find the boat he wanted to upgrade to, etc) and the second I had everything but possession (4 states away) and a local cash offer swept in an took it (still kinda in shock over that one). So I know there are out there, its just a matter of finding the right seller.. Now I am open to understanding the jump to e-series more because I do like the look of that boat.
Steve- check this thread:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

You could be talking about 3 different models, in the 24’ length.

In general terms.... there are likely other smaller differences

242 Ltd S - Everything the AR has, plus upgraded upholstery and speakers on the swim deck. (Wash down shower?). Edit: oh, and different tower over the AR.

242 Ltd SE - Everything above, plus e-throttles (dang those are nice), larger bimini top and solar chargers. (wash down shower?)

242 XE - Everything above, plus tower speakers and speaker bar, and integrated ballast, and more vibrant colors in upholstery. No wash down shower.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you for the details. So the e-throttle has a upgrade path for the 242 though correct? The difference here is it’s built in and additional control over the profiles and no extra stuff around the drivers seat.

I thought there were more differences from the AR to the limited s too though. Changes in seat configurations, maybe just cushions, storage locations (or does the newer ARs also have the wet storage behind the swim deck seats).

I might have to ask the guy selling the e-series but does anyone know if the solar chargers keep the batteries charged on the lake during s full day of music system use or is it more a trickle charge off the water, or somewhere in between.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NO differences in the newer ARs and the Limited S so far as seat configuration, storage space ( lots of it ) , or the wet storage areas behind the swim deck seats . My 2016 AR and all of them from 2015 up have those features. The Limiteds DO have a fresh water nozzle on the swim deck not included in the AR. Same Bimini top on both the AR and the Limited S even though the tower itself is different. When you get into the E series Limiteds (with solar panels) then both the Bimini and tower change.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the details. So the e-throttle has a upgrade path for the 242 though correct? The difference here is it’s built in and additional control over the profiles and no extra stuff around the drivers seat.

I thought there were more differences from the AR to the limited s too though. Changes in seat configurations, maybe just cushions, storage locations (or does the newer ARs also have the wet storage behind the swim deck seats).

I might have to ask the guy selling the e-series but does anyone know if the solar chargers keep the batteries charged on the lake during s full day of music system use or is it more a trickle charge off the water, or somewhere in between.
SOlar charger is a trickle charger, really, even the charging system which has stators not alternator is not really powerful enough, so you would need a shore/solar charger for battery maintenance, ideally.

The E-throttles are amazing, but E-boat comes with a less amazing GPS cruise control system, so if doing a ton of serious water sports I would look into it more. You can not upgrade from non-E to E as it would be cost prohibitive.

The big towers with big bimini (X and LSE) are robust and there have been almost no issue in-spite of impressive size. That is one thing I wish I had, very expensive to upgrade, about $10k+, plus install, which is prohibitive or at least hard to justify, lol.

--

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man the learning curve on this is steeper than I expected. I didn't realize the top was that different. was just reading some of the other threads about the top now. Its a 10k+ upgrade just for the top from a limited s to an e/x style top?

I figured it would be a trickle charger. How frequently on these new boats with the upgraded radios are there issues when hanging in a cove or stopped draining the batteries?

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
242 XE - Everything above, plus tower speakers and speaker bar, and integrated ballast, and more vibrant colors in upholstery. No wash down shower.
Plus two amps.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man the learning curve on this is steeper than I expected. I didn't realize the top was that different. was just reading some of the other threads about the top now. Its a 10k+ upgrade just for the top from a limited s to an e/x style top?

I figured it would be a trickle charger. How frequently on these new boats with the upgraded radios are there issues when hanging in a cove or stopped draining the batteries?
The big tower and bimini combo is over 10k uninstalled, the hull is the same, so it is a doable upgrade but not really.

For most buyers I would think the E-throttles and the big tower/bimini are just really great features, money not being an issue. Those are the two items that are worth spending money up front and not later.

Stereo, steering, trim tabs, ballast, lighting etc etc can all be done better aftermarket. E-throttles and big tower - no.
(IMO, of course)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you want the best bang for your buck and do not want to mess with much, it is hard to beat an E-series boat. Factory night time dimable lighting is amazing also.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you want the best bang for your buck and do not want to mess with much, it is hard to beat an E-series boat. Factory night time dimable lighting is amazing also.

All 15 and up 24s have factory dimmable lighting. My ar does as well

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All 15 and up 24s have factory dimmable lighting. My ar does as well
My point is you don't have to do it aftermarket and it is still pretty good. I did RGBs in the last boat and got tired of all the bugs at night.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I didn't think Ar240's had LED in the tower?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't think Ar240's had LED in the tower?
Correct. No cabin lights in the tower from the factory, other that the anchor light at the tow point.
And no tweeters, lol.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Correct. No cabin lights in the tower from the factory, other that the anchor light at the tow point.
And no tweeters, lol.

Glad they got away from those tweeters in the tower.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They actually put tweeters in the tower? How ridiculous