• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Shower Pump Not Working

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Few threads here about air bubbles and how to work around that, its not that. But my pump is not turning on, unless its super quiet. We don't usually use the shower, so I dont think its been working since at least last summer. Any ideas on what to look for first? I'm still under my YES warranty, just a hassle to take a boat in.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you hear the pump turn on when you push the waterflow/spray valve?

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The SPU handles the power for this and no fuses to replace there. Check the deutsch connector for the shower pump. Check that it is fully seated. If fully seated and still not working disconnect turn on the shower and check for 12 volts on the spu side of the connector with a multi meter. If it has power then it is the pump. If no power then it is the SPU.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was the pump winterized this past winter in OH. Draining and running antifreeze thru the plumbing?

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was the pump winterized this past winter in OH. Draining and running antifreeze thru the plumbing?
No, I assumed there was no water in it because it wasn't pumping. Just noticed this year that the pump wasn't running. So maybe the pump is gone because of ice?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Few threads here about air bubbles and how to work around that, its not that. But my pump is not turning on, unless its super quiet. We don't usually use the shower, so I dont think its been working since at least last summer. Any ideas on what to look for first? I'm still under my YES warranty, just a hassle to take a boat in.
Can you remove the pump and have them send you a new part? THese pumps are not super quiet so it is unlikely just the impelelr burned out.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good call on freezing @zipper. In just a few short years I have already forgotten about considering winterization. Perhaps I am no longer deserving of my current screen name and need to change it to Damn Yankee. ;-)

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm sure I'll be able to trace where the tank and pump are located, but could someone give me a clue? Is it where the fuel tank is?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everything is in far rear of Starboard bench storage. I removed my entire kit and it was not too bad to remove. The electrical connector is far easier to access just to diagnose.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks, will take a look this weekend.

Samsonite

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The SPU handles the power for this and no fuses to replace there. Check the deutsch connector for the shower pump. Check that it is fully seated. If fully seated and still not working disconnect turn on the shower and check for 12 volts on the spu side of the connector with a multi meter. If it has power then it is the pump. If no power then it is the SPU.
what is an SPU? Im trying to troubleshoot the shower not working, no noise of pump, so id like to test with a meter to see if power is making it to the pump and if its pump on spu...granted the connection isnt the issue and making sure its connected properly

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
what is an SPU? Im trying to troubleshoot the shower not working, no noise of pump, so id like to test with a meter to see if power is making it to the pump and if its pump on spu...granted the connection isnt the issue and making sure its connected properly
Switching Power Unit (SPU). Basically a box of relays on a logic board controlled by a canbus. This would only be 2015 plus to my knowledge. It is how the Connext touch screen controls things like lights, shower, bilge, blower, etc. For a 2014 much more likely you have a physical switch on your dash somewhere and a dedicated fuse prior to that. The fuse or the switch are the first things I would check.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length