• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 ar190 engine comm error and speed error

Skin6061

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a new member and I recently bought a 2015 ar190. Tool the battery off to recharge it and when I installed the battery I'm now getting no engine comm error and speed comm error. Searched all the posts here to diagnose the problem. Cleaned the terminals, had the battery check at AutoZone, reset the tach multiple times and even called a few dealers and still nothing to fix the issue. I know it has to be something I'm overlooking. Boat starts just fine, has throttle response and I can even activate wake mode. Before I drop the coin and take it to a local boat mechanic who is not a Yamaha mech since there isn't any in Ks. Is there anything I need to check before i give up and go to a dealer.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Missing any grounds? Shine a bright light back there and check, there are more than just a negative and positive connected in my 2014 190 (I have 2 batteries and a full stereo but I believe theres some extra OEM stuff.

Skin6061

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have looked for more cables, but I can't find any more wires. I'm in the process of getting everything I need for a dual battery setup. All I can see is one positive coming from my switch and my ground wire that had the small wire also bundled to it. When I go to work Monday I'll take pics of my wires.. I called dealerships but they weren't very helpful. There is a wire with a blue line on the corrugated tube that I'm confused about. The service manual says it goes to positive, but mine was hooked to negative.

Attachments