• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 FINALLY bought a boat!!

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took me the better part of a year, reading, lurking and fretting but I finally have a boat. Stumbled into a great deal on a 2015 AR with two upgraded timing chains and pulled the trigger. My only remaining fear is of embarrassment at the boat ramp.

This board has been of immense value to me. I probably would not have bought a jet boat had I not found you guys. Got Seadek ( thanks to member Michael Pacini) and CobraJet steering going in tomorrow and will be hitting the water this week!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First congrats on the boat! Second go practice backing in a parking lot plenty of empty ones these days, and relax we have all had to launch for the first time. You may or may not make mistakes so don't stress remember boating is fun

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
will post pics after I get the Seadek finished. Thanks!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took me the better part of a year, reading, lurking and fretting but I finally have a boat. Stumbled into a great deal on a 2015 AR with two upgraded timing chains and pulled the trigger. My only remaining fear is of embarrassment at the boat ramp.

This board has been of immense value to me. I probably would not have bought a jet boat had I not found you guys. Got Seadek ( thanks to member Michael Pacini) and CobraJet steering going in tomorrow and will be hitting the water this week!!
Congrats on new boat. There have been a lot of new boat threads during a so called pandemic.

Go on the weekdays or when your ramp isn't busy. You can also try lake or canal that has a ramp.

Best advice is reverse slow and make minor corrections. Remember the trailer will react opposite direction you are turning steering wheel.
Everyone at ramp is trying to do same thing you are but you will be prepared before launching with gear stored, drain plugs in and lines ready so when its your turn there's no hesitation to drop boat and have someone move boat back so next guy can launch and so on.

Best thing is have fun and enjoy new boat!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

JWExperience

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got my 2016 AR240 last year and IMO, it’s easier/more maneuverable if it’s not windy. The times when I struggle most is when it’s windy after driving 18-28 foot sterndrives the last 15 years. I think the CobraJet stuff will help with that a lot.
The look on people face when I spin the Yamaha in its place is priceless. Going slow is key and watch a few YouTube videos to get some tips too.

congrats on the boat.

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
will post pics after I get the Seadek finished. Thanks!
How’d the Sea Dek turn out? Any pictures? And have you gone out on your maiden voyage yet? Hope all went well.

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weather was bad here last weekend so I ended up taking her into a local shop to have the Seadek and CobraJet steering installed. Should get her back today!!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new boat - love that Yamaha blue. As everyone else stated, just go slow at the ramp, don't worry about the dirty looks.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. I have experienced the same anxiety with the boat ramp...we have a lift so I only go in once at the beginning of the season and out once at the end of the season so I pretty much suck at it. If you have to do it every time you boat you will get good at it quickly and develop your own system. Keep in mind that backing the trailer with the boat is very different than backing the empty trailer...when I had a suburban it was helpful to open the back hatch so I could see the trailer. Also I prefer to look over my shoulder at the boat than use the camera...that seems opposite.

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks, i'm going to keep mine in a slip/on a lift, too. just a little anxious about having 3 kids at the launch/on the boat and trying to learn how to navigate the tiny marina area with other boats in and out, etc. i think what i might do is go straight to the lake after i pick it up from the shop on a weekday (today?), launch, get the slip/lift done and THEN bring everybody out.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good Plan!

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
She’s home. Seadek in, CobraJet in. Ready to roll.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like your Seadek alot. Hoping to do mine toward the end of season to cut some of the costs hopefully.

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I’d love to take credit but I bought it off the classifieds on this forum from a member who had bought it the prior year and never installed it. I would have gone lighter but I’m so glad his eye was better than mine. Rather be lucky than good!

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maiden voyage yesterday! Very windy, whitecaps on the lake. Launch went great, got out of no wake zone, punched it and... no go-ey. Freaked out. Emailed Jeff at CobraJet (I assumed the fins were installed wrong) who... called me within 5 minutes! Told me to check the clean-out plugs for debris. Opened the hatch, they were practically floating in the tubes. Doh! After months of reading this forum and seeing this issue pop up over and over, I didn’t check the clean out plugs before I got on the water. Apparently the shop that installed the Seadek took them out (probably SOP, the main plug was also out). They were a major PIA to get back in, but they did go back in and the boat is perfect. Runs like a bat out of hell. SO glad I went out with a buddy and went through that without family. All’s well that ends well and got to learn something.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plugs should be taken out and drained after every outing I believe, I do mine after flushing engines and blowing excess water out, per the manual. I leave mine out as well so debris won't keep them stuck in. I put them back in during pre-launch checklist, which also includes all my drain plugs. Perhaps more seasoned members can shed light on what they do with their plugs.

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Very nice boat!One question though,on years 2016 and older do the infotainment screens only come on the 24'boats?I was looking at 2016's 212x/212s and no screen on dash.Thinking it's just standard on 24' boats?

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on a very nice boat... enjoy now!