• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 Max RPM

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My has the California sticker on it. In in Illinois. Anything I can do about it?

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I triple checked the oil. Motor's were level. I sucked out 250ML out of each engine to lower the oil just below the full line. No difference in max RPMS. I then changed all the plugs with brand new gapped plugs. Still no difference. What's the next thing to check air filters?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone else here had something similar and found that the ecu wasn't opening up to throttle bodies the whole way. You ca take off the air cleaners and look down the throttle bodies and see if they open up all the way when you give it full throttle. You can do it the the keys on but the engines off.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What was the solution to open the throttle bodies up all the way? I've got the Yamaha YDS software and cable which worked on the 2009 AR210. Did the cable change on the 2015's I wonder? I will have to look for the connection.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My has the California sticker on it. In in Illinois. Anything I can do about it?
Enjoy it! On the positive side you get better economy!

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I checked my air filters last week and they're completely clean. Dealer checked the oil etc. Everything else looks ok. Interesting enough I was out on the weekend and was able to get 7400 RPM on the port side and about 7300 RPM on the starboard. I had two people in the boat and my 1 year old (30lbs) son. Full tank of gas. The only major difference I noticed is the air was cooler and less humidity. I also had the Connext screen replaced. Later that day we have 4 adults and I was only able to achieve about 7200 RPM.

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same issue lately with the hot and humid weather. Some days I get 7500/7600 others 7300/7400. I don't see any performance difference so not going to worry about it. I guess I will have great speed in the winter..lol

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, mine varies. Maybe ecu things boot up inconsistently? Any way to adjust the analog tachs to match? Port side shows about 200rpm high.

I changed my plugs before the weekend outing. Got 7600 port and a little lower starboard. Later in the day I got 7300 port and one mph faster. Lol. I usually gauge how my boat is running by the mph at 6000rpm. I'm at 35mph at 6k. This tells me that the pumps are running at the same capacity as they ever were and that there's no impeller or pump housing damage. My typical cruising rpm is between 5200 and 6000 most of the time with maybe one quick wring out during the day.

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get around 35 at 6000 also. But cant do that for long around here with all the no wake zones. When I can i run around 40 which is about 6800-6900 cruise. And push it to 51-52 when i can.. lol

Last edited:

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Called Yamaha customer relations 800-962-7926. Apparently the max RPM on the 2015 boats is 7600RPM. They said you must speak with the dealer regarding why your boat isn't getting up to these RPM's. They claim there's so many variables affecting. Weight, weather, waves, temperature & fuel level. I have a feeling the air temp and humidity an d weight are the biggest culprits.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I installed the RIVA racing intake mod (flame arrestor removal) and the RIVA racing air filters and I was able to get over 7500 RPM on the Starboard and about 7400 RPM on the Port side. The temp was about 88F with 85% humidity. In the morning before doing the mods I was only getting about 7300 RPM on the starboard and about 7200 RPM on the Port side. I hit 50 MPH with two people, 50% gas and bimini up. I'm happy with the results.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to further update on the topic. Over the weekend I was able to get 7600 RPM on the Port and 7500 RPM on the starboard with a full tank of gas and 4 people on the boat. However the air temp was much cooler 68F and only 50% humidity. The next day I could only get 7500RPM on the Port and 7400RPM on the starboard with 4 people in the boat with warmer air temps. I was still getting 48 to 49 MPH with a full tank and 4 adults. I'm convinced the air temp and humidity plays the biggest factor in top end performance/speed. Also I do notice the boat seems to be more responsive. The boat ripped me so fast out of the water I couldn't believe the power when starting up wakeboarding with 4 adults on board.

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you would say that the RIVA racing intake mod and air filters did make a difference? Keep hearing some say no difference and some say it does. I am thinking of doing it this winter.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you would say that the RIVA racing intake mod and air filters did make a difference? Keep hearing some say no difference and some say it does. I am thinking of doing it this winter.
Hey Greg,

I noticed an instant difference. At least 200 more RPM. I made the changes on the water the same day so I could really see the difference. I never saw 7500 RPM until making the changes. If you want the extra top end power and a little more response I would recommend it. Also if you've got 8 people on the boat I'm sure it will also help! At 5800 RPM I'm getting 30MPH with 4 adults.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was out yesterday in about 90F & 80+% (high humidity) and was still able to get over 7600 RPM.
AR240MaxRPM.jpeg