• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2015 AR240 - Space Blue - $44,500

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
someone quick buy my boat so I can upgrade to a 2015!
I agree if my boat was already sold I would be talking to him about it. The boss Said I can't have three boats so I'm stuck right now lol. I did talk to my local dealer last week though and showed them pics and gave a description of my boat and apparently I undervalued it as the dealer didn't blink an eye telling me he would give me my asking price in trade in on a new boat so I may wind up with a 2017 ar240 but going to wait till spring to see if I can sell and get a used one.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Winter just makes summer that much more special. I'd keep the boat and bring it to Calgary. Lots and I mean lots of people tow their boats from Calgary into the mountains to places like Invermere to go boating.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Winter just makes summer that much more special. I'd keep the boat and bring it to Calgary. Lots and I mean lots of people tow their boats from Calgary into the mountains to places like Invermere to go boating.
I lived at Panorama for a bit what an incredible area that is.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MrMoose Cindy and I were in Banff/Lake Louise a few years ago for a winter skiing trip. What we found out once away from the bigger cities is that most places are closed during the winter, not because of the snowy cold weather but because that area is a summer tourist destination for boating on the lakes. As you mentioned there are a lot of boats in Calgary area, so your Yamaha will fit right in.

Plus, having your boat in Calgary you can give @Majorsmackdown a run for his money on the longest tow for the Bimini trip. And definitely you would be the first person to tow from Canada for the Bimini trip.

Good luck on the move to Canada.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose Cindy and I were in Banff/Lake Louise a few years ago for a winter skiing trip. What we found out once away from the bigger cities is that most places are closed during the winter, not because of the snowy cold weather but because that area is a summer tourist destination for boating on the lakes. As you mentioned there are a lot of boats in Calgary area, so your Yamaha will fit right in.

Plus, having your boat in Calgary you can give @Majorsmackdown a run for his money on the longest tow for the Bimini trip. And definitely you would be the first person to tow from Canada for the Bimini trip.

Good luck on the move to Canada.
Thanks @Andy S, and thanks to everybody else for looking at the bright side of things for me. It's just tough leaving a place that I can boat 12 months out of the year to go to one that has 6 weeks, plus housing costs that are double (yes double) what they are in Houston. It's life. I wouldn't say that it's serving me lemons right now, but it's definitely not a bowl of cherries.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No way I worked there too. 1993-1997
I was up up there is 85-86 range my dad worked up there for a bit. @Andy S Banff is beautiful as well one of the few place in Canada I do look forward to going back to at some point.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose
Plus, having your boat in Calgary you can give @Majorsmackdown a run for his money on the longest tow for the Bimini trip. And definitely you would be the first person to tow from Canada for the Bimini.
And you could be the first Yamaha jetboater to boat on both sides of the continental divide same day! Or something like that.

Seriously - I only know Lake Louise as a winter skiing destination, but it must be just totally amazing to boat there.

Last edited:

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Andy S, and thanks to everybody else for looking at the bright side of things for me. It's just tough leaving a place that I can boat 12 months out of the year to go to one that has 6 weeks, plus housing costs that are double (yes double) what they are in Houston. It's life. I wouldn't say that it's serving me lemons right now, but it's definitely not a bowl of cherries.
6 weeks no way more like 14 weeks of boating weather. It's not that's short of a summer up here. Calgary is a great city with so many outdoor activities nearby.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And you could be the first Yamaha jetboater to boat on both sides of the continental divide same day! Or something like that.

Seriously - I only know Lake Louise as a winter skiing destination, but it must be just totally amazing to boat there.
I don't think that I've ever seen a motorized boat in Lake Louise.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put a sail on it. They won't know.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Mr. Moose,

Very interested in this boat. I live in Belton, TX and this is the exact model and year boat I've been looking for. Let me talk with my wife and I'll get back to you ASAP.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's ok if you don't buy it, because I'd like to keep it... just sayin'. BUT I owe it to my wife and family to do what's best for us in the big picture. So, after less than a year and a half of ownership since new, selling might be the best thing to do because we are moving away from Houston where you can boat year-round, to some place that has a season named "winter" that seems to take up at least half of the year. It sucks. I'm really not happy, but it's life. Flip side is that if I don't sell the boat, I can reconnect to times-past every time I get to use it in the future, and post my pics to JetBoaters.net in the process.
It's a garage-stored fresh-water boat that has made two memorable trips to Bimini Bahamas with the JetBoaters group. I'm tearing up as I write this, really. It's the best boat that I've ever owned... once I had Yamaha, Shoreland'r, and Carlisle take care of anything that wasn't perfect with it. Now, it's perfect except for a small 1/2 inch hole that wore into the edge of the bimini canvas when I towed it from Ft. Lauderdale to Houston. Two of the bimini frame bars rubbed a hole through the top from vibration. I'll take a pic, next time I'm at the boat, but otherwise, it's immaculate.
View attachment 46917
I scraped the keel (no damage to the fiberglass), repaired it with marine epoxy, and installed a Keel Guard. It's a solid minor repair. I have nothing to hide. 100% honest, no games, no word play.
I have it listed for $44,900 to the public. I spoke to a trusted dealer in the Dallas area, and they said that I should list it at $48,900, and sell at $44,900.
I'm a cut to the chase kind of guy, and I believe in the whole Karma thing. I'll tell you anything that you want to know, without any word play. Straight-up.
The boat has about 85 hrs. I'm posting this before I've had a chance to get to the boat's dry storage location to check on it; and I'll update the hours if necessary once I get to the boat.
I'm including over $6K of upgrades and accessories in the price.
The boat was purchased new in May of 2015. It has approximately 85 hours on it. It has always been stored indoors (Palms Marina dry storage, Lake Conroe, TX). It is in beautiful condition.
In 2015, Yamaha redesigned the AR240, so this boat has the same hull as the current 24 foot models. The articulating keel design makes for unparalleled handling. The boat is powered by twin 1.8L HO engines that make a total of 360 HP. Top speed is usually around 50-52 mph (46 -- 53 mph is what I've experienced, GPS). Seating capacity is 12 persons. The boat comes with a factory wake tower and bimini top. This boat is equipped with Yamaha's Connext system. The hinged seats are a great feature. The snap-in carpet has never been used (removed when new).
View attachment 46918
Over $6000 of upgrades and accessories are included! You won't need to buy anything more.
Upgrades: Keel Guard ($200), Garmin GPSMAP 547xs ($599), additional dealer-installed bilge pump ($200), so the boat has two bilge pumps.
Trailer: 2015 Shoreland'r (Galvanized $500 upgrade) has brand new wheels with radial tires ($500). Set of five original wheels with bias-ply tires. Trailer Aid Plus Tandem Tire Changing Ramp ($40), Stoltz bow roller ($40)
Gas Grill Kit: Magma grill ($130), Magma Pow'rGrip LeveLock mount ($100), table stanchion ($225), grill shelf ($65), carrying case ($70)
Safety Equipment: Delorme InReach Explorer 2-way Satellite Communicator ($350), ACR ResQLink+ floating PLB ($250), Orion flare/signal kit ($260), Standard Horizon HX870 Handheld Floating VHF w/GPS ($250), Standard Horizon VOX head set ($70), 6 type-1 adult life jackets ($300), type 1 child life jacket ($50), approximately 10 ski/life vests ($350), Shakespeare Galaxy 5400XT vhf antenna($110).
Accessories: Yamaha deluxe mooring cover ($888), Yamaha snap-on bow cover ($200), Hyperlite wakeboard ($260), O'Brien Black Magic knee board ($130), 3 person tube ($250), 3 tow ropes (wake $100, knee $25, tube $20), 6.5 L oil change vacuum ($70), 4 BombWake SS wake tower flag holders ($320), 4 flag poles ($50), Mighty Max Auto Shut Off 2 Quart Capacity Battery Filler ($15), Yamaha anchor kit ($140), Danforth stern anchor ($30), folding grapple anchor ($15).
Dual batteries (house, and start).
The boat is well equipped with many standard features:
• Snap-in Soft Marine-grade Carpet
• Removable Dinette Table with Two Pedestals (Mounts at Cockpit & Stern)
• Bow Filler Inserts for Multiple Seating Configurations
• Hinged Seat Cushions
• Adjustable Captain's Chair with Flip-up Bolster
• Passenger-side Captain's Chair
• Portside Entertainment Area with Lockable Glovebox
• Glove Box
• Integrated Removable Cooler
• Walk-through Bow Door
• Enclosed Head Compartment
• Tilt Steering
• Courtesy Deck Lighting
• Dedicated Anchor and Rope Locker
• Bow Reboarding Ladder
• Integrated Swim Platform
• Upholstered Cushioned Backrests
• Additional Wet Storage Behind Backrests with 12-volt Outlet
• Stainless Steel Telescopic Reboarding Ladder
View attachment 46919

To purchase this boat new today would cost over $60,000 (including taxes, and the extra cost for the galvanized trailer), without accessories or upgrades. The 2015 AR240 is the same platform as the 2017 model. Same hull, same wake tower, same bimini, Connext, articulating keel, and so on.

Ok, time to click on the "create thread" icon.:(
I knew i should have waited damn it!!!

Peter Dunn

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Mr. Moose,

Interested in your boat as well. I have PM you with a question.

Regards,
Peter

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mr. Mouse, are you still in Houston ? Boat still available ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mr. Mouse, are you still in Houston ? Boat still available ?
He is and it is. But I really do not want him to sell the boat!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He is and it is. But I really do not want him to sell the boat!
Bruce, you don't understand .... I spend 5 hours straight last night reading the 93 pages of the 2016 Bimini trip and the day before I finished reading the 2015 Bimini. You will miss Mr. Mouse, but his boat will return on 2017 Bimini to honor his absence.

All I really want is a sx190, but in one of your posts you said " buy the biggest boat you can afford", so I must look for 24 something

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bruce, you don't understand .... I spend 5 hours straight last night reading the 93 pages of the 2016 Bimini trip and the day before I finished reading the 2015 Bimini. You will miss Mr. Mouse, but his boat will return on 2017 Bimini to honor his absence.

All I really want is a sx190, but in one of your posts you said " buy the biggest boat you can afford", so I must look for 24 something
What a great post. @Betik that exact same thing happened to me in 2014. Many sleepless nights reading threads on this forum and searching for every video I could find on YouTube. A couple years later, I was fortunate and blessed to join the Bimini trip in 2015 and then join several this year on a trip to the Exumas. Go for it!

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely one of the best looking boats in the Yamaha lineup IMO. I absolutely love the blue! One of our favorite pics from the 2015 Bimini trip was your father son interaction. Solid price for a super capable and great looking boat.

I'm actually really upset they went away from this blue color on the 2016s and up! My favorite color. I just feel like the darker blue they utilize now is just not as pretty.