• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 BOAT SHOW AND BUYING A YAMAHA

JRMIAMI

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your going to buy at a boat show use caution. They state your getting the best deals there? Boat show specials? Right now in Miami, there is a allot of upset customers with Yamaha. On Feb 16, at the Miami Boat show, the special was 3.99 interest rate with a 3 year warranty. On March 1st the new rate is 2.99 with 5 year warranty. All buyers in Miami are so pissed off (trending on twitter in Miami) because their yamaha rep kept stating in was an amazing deal for the year. Jet boats boats were being bought for example, 242 LS for less then 62,000 out the door the AR 55,000. Final cost included everything out the door included trailor, tax, coast guard kit free. Do not bend for anything less with yamaha. These rates might drop to 1.99 soon with 7 year warranty.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I understand your frustration if you just purchased and I agree that Yamaha goofed in not offering this at the first shows but it is what it is at this point... I seriously doubt we will see 1.99% or anything better than 5 year warranty offer this year on the bigger boats, FWIW.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was told rates will goto 4.99% after March.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yamaha has NEVER offered a 7 year warranty, and money is headed up. Sorry for your frustration, just go to Yamaha or your F and I guy and see what they can do. If it hasn't been a month, maybe they can do something, but don't bank on it. My guess is that they never stated that they would change or match rates should they change their offer.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Financing might fluctuate, but I am with Mel. No way you will see a 7-year warranty. You have nothing to lose by going direct to Yamaha and expressing your frustration. I would definitely go around the dealer if they aren't producing results. You might try the Yamaha Rep who was at the show and if he doesn't get you results, bypass him as well. Uphill battler, but maybe you get lucky.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I do remember someone a few years back on the previous forum, that had the same frustration, and did get the dealership along with Yamaha, to get GE Credit to rewrite the loan to the new term. The lowest term is alway tough to get as they want A+ credit to write that. Funny isn't it? The guy that needs the lowest rate and best terms has to pay the highest, and the guy with the best credit and most resources gets it almost for free. We are in the process of closing on a preowned motorhome. I could see good rates on new, but even the used loans, with direct deposit, through the credit union, are 1.49% (60 month max) on a class A, B, or C. Now if you wanted a 5th wheel, trailer, or boat, the rates are around 4%.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your going to buy at a boat show use caution. They state your getting the best deals there? Boat show specials? Right now in Miami, there is a allot of upset customers with Yamaha. On Feb 16, at the Miami Boat show, the special was 3.99 interest rate with a 3 year warranty. On March 1st the new rate is 2.99 with 5 year warranty. All buyers in Miami are so pissed off (trending on twitter in Miami) because their yamaha rep kept stating in was an amazing deal for the year. Jet boats boats were being bought for example, 242 LS for less then 62,000 out the door the AR 55,000. Final cost included everything out the door included trailor, tax, coast guard kit free. Do not bend for anything less with yamaha. These rates might drop to 1.99 soon with 7 year warranty.
My dealer hooked us up I"
I feel pretty lucky we bought ours on the last day of the 3.99 and we had to pay for the five year warranty. Thet didn't process the deal and when the new rates came out they actually called us back and reworked the deal. They even gave me back the 1500 for the five year warranty and then added some accesories that I didn't negotiate into the first deal weeks before. So I feel like I got a trial negotiation an then got to go back and negotiate the real deal. I have never had this happen so I guess

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just remember the dealer selling the boat makes money on the back end as well as the boat, that include extended warranties and surplus on the loan rate you agree to.