• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 LTDS JL Audio Upgrade + Fishfinder Install

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm only worried about dropping a tool in the lake. I can get the boat high enough to work under it easily. Once the wire is inside the engine bay, the rest is inside. Should be drilling 2 holes in the jet plate, 3 wire guides, feed the wire. So thats a drill, a socket, few box wrenches. Think i'll tie them all together, tie that to tube. Quicker than trailering.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
just shooting in the dark here ... how about a floating cooler?

Would be able to float your tools, keep a nice wall around them, and then be useful afterwards.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Smarter not harder is my motto, this works.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Nick Hughes your at river run right? Ask Dan if you can can use his barge. Lift the boat up high and dock the toon underneath. Then you have a platform to work from. He let me do this last year when I had to pull an impeller to get some wood out.

IMG_9543.JPG IMG_9549.JPG

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good call, Dan would help out I'm sure. I've got him rotating my lift so I can back into my slip already.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When I've got my iPhone hooked up via USB and the system is set to iPod, and no music playing, I can hear a little fuzz sound in the speakers even when the volume is sort of low, maybe 20%. And it gets louder as I turn it up. I don't hear it when music is playing, although I think it would be hard to distinguish that sound. Any ideas what this could be? Its not engine noise as its audible with the engine off.

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
@Nick Hughes I have the same issue with white noise in my boat. I think I've traced it down to the head unit being the source of the noise. If you have a RCA to 3.5mm adapter cable you can plug it straight from the amp to your phone and see if the noise is still there. The noise disappeared when I did this. I'm hoping the WS-420BT I'm getting ready to install will help with the noise coming from the head unit.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Nick Hughes I have the same issue with white noise in my boat. I think I've traced it down to the head unit being the source of the noise. If you have a RCA to 3.5mm adapter cable you can plug it straight from the amp to your phone and see if the noise is still there. The noise disappeared when I did this. I'm hoping the WS-420BT I'm getting ready to install will help with the noise coming from the head unit.
I agree, I played with that some and it does appear to be a HU issue, but I don't want to mess with factory harness (to repower it on the amp circuit).
Unfortunately, WS420 will likely add a bit of its own white noise, but it shouldn't be too bad.

--

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This issue sounds like a job for the resident jetboaters.net electrical engineer @Mainah