• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Sx190 top speed

gmotley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_0861.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg I just purchased my boat about a month ago and after break in , my top speed had been 46mph. This past weekend, I washed boat and waxed with Attwood marine polish over entire hull. On two different days , I was able to see 50mph with full fuel, normal supplies, life jackets, skies ,etc and 2 people aboard. It seems to have been well worth the effort.

Attachments

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The temp outside has a lot to do with it, as well

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Can you confirm with GPS?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
My speedo is usually correct, but I have seen it at 52mph when the GPS is at 46 mph.

gmotley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The temp outside has a lot to do with it, as well
I agree. I live in central Tn. and the temp was about 85F. Previous speed checks were at least 93-95F. I will try to duplicate again and confirm with GPS.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2012 SX190 after ribbon delete. The boat was doing about 7600RPM and 43-44mph GPS before (maxed out on speedo). With the ribbon deleted (stock filter in) - I'm hitting the rev limiter at 7800-7850RPM and the boat runs 47mph for as long as I want (GPS; boat speedo maxes out).

The ECU seemed to have automatically adjusted for the added air, and the boat feels MUCH happier, it is snappier and sounds better.

Speedo maxed out (47mph on GPS), 7800RPM on digital tach. Please ignore the depth gauge... I did NOT do it in 1.7 ft of water.

gmotley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2012 SX190 after ribbon delete. The boat was doing about 7600RPM and 43-44mph GPS before (maxed out on speedo). With the ribbon deleted (stock filter in) - I'm hitting the rev limiter at 7800-7850RPM and the boat runs 47mph for as long as I want (GPS; boat speedo maxes out).

The ECU seemed to have automatically adjusted for the added air, and the boat feels MUCH happier, it is snappier and sounds better.

Speedo maxed out (47mph on GPS), 7800RPM on digital tach. Please ignore the depth gauge... I did NOT do it in 1.7 ft of water.
Can you explain what is ribbon delete?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
That is very good performance. There are a lot of Supercharged 192's that can't do over 45 mph.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is very good performance. There are a lot of Supercharged 192's that can't do over 45 mph.
Yes, and thank you.
I am swapping the OEM impeller and wear ring with an Impros repitched Solas and wanted to make a couple of simple adjustments/mods first to dial the boat up with the stock prop - for which there is a wealth of performance data here in these wonderful boards, including from contributors such as yourself!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ribbon Delete here I come! i can only do 48mph (speedo) and im thinking that is very optimistic number lol

need to get me a GPS also...

bought a cover....need a GPS....need a Sea Dek.... now Ribbon Delete... $ $ $ $ $ $

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
You can get a free GPS app for your phone.

Also, make sure you don't reinstall the gasket that goes around the flame arrestor ribbon. A member here left it in and it caused $2000+ in damage.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tested several iPhone apps and ended up with the Speedometer by Tim O's. Works great with a huge display.
Excellent reminder about the gasket by SamCF.
SeaDek is very expensive, but you will never go back.
Just my .02.

gmotley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_1416.JPG Well today i tried to duplicate speed with GPS and failed miserably. I was only able to show GPS speed at 41mph with boat speedometer showing 48-50. I assumed speedometer was accurate from this forum and now I go from proud to pissed. High speed to low speed with this boat is disappointing to say the least. Oh well, to0 late to turn back now.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 29200 Well today i tried to duplicate speed with GPS and failed miserably. I was only able to show GPS speed at 41mph with boat speedometer showing 48-50. I assumed speedometer was accurate from this forum and now I go from proud to pissed. High speed to low speed with this boat is disappointing to say the least. Oh well, to0 late to turn back now.
GPS is wrong, just go with the dream'o'meter its a lot more fun, and what the hell….:D.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was initially concerned about top speed on my boat but have found that I hardly ever go WOT. I have a lot more fun going about 10 mph with 1000 lbs of water on the rear port side of my boat!:winkingthumbsup"

Yamahasx190_2017

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone!
Writing into an old conversation here but I am confused. I have a 2017 sx 190 I have taken the boat out like 3 times and I cannot get the boat past 37 MPH GPS. What could be wrong with my boat?

I do plan to remove the ribbon and add the Cobra fins in the very near future.

jsimanskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone!
Writing into an old conversation here but I am confused. I have a 2017 sx 190 I have taken the boat out like 3 times and I cannot get the boat past 37 MPH GPS. What could be wrong with my boat?

I do plan to remove the ribbon and add the Cobra fins in the very near future.
I too had some initial concern after my first couple times out in my 2017 AR190, but now can comfortably hit low 40's even in some warmer temps, seems like right where it should be based on tests and reviews. Biggest *completely unscientific* factors for me were loading (I do better with my wife and son seated aft than I do with them in the bow, or even alone), treated fuel from a station where I'm confident it's pretty "fresh", and trips to a larger, cleaner lake. My cabin frontage is on a shallower lake with a fair amount of grass and duck weed, and barely touch 40 in those waters. On a larger "cleaner" recreational lake nearby, probably with slightly cooler water, I consistently hit the higher speeds - even in choppier waters (usually about 1'+).

It is slower than my previous boat (SeaDoo Speedster), but I knew that and also know it is larger and overall more reliable, comfortable, and useful. But if they can squeeze a larger gas tank in a 195 I'll consider an upgrade in a couple years, ha.