• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha AR192 Passenger swivel seat installation.

akatrauma

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to switch out the drivers seat for the ones in the 2019's.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok now that is awesome! I'd love to hear more about the process and after thoughts. I find that I drive with the bottom flipped up on mine 99% of the time so I'm not sure I "need" a different seat but I like having options.
I did the same with the original seat but with the new one it is actually more comfortable in the lower position.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super easy. Just did it on my 2018 ar195 two weekends ago. Took a total of an hour and that was taking my time to make sure I had the position Dead on. Love the captain seat much more than the bench. If you need any help with how to go about it just give me a shout.
Is it just a plate under the fiberglass or are there threaded inserts? Did you have to tap the holes for the bolts or just find the already threaded locations?

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This mount has about 6.5 inches of height which allows the seat to fully rotate in the middle position. The only issue is it doesn't match the captain's chair and the head height might be above the windscreen.

Attachments

Bdag1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you were closer, I'd trade you. I have an SX with the captains chair on the passenger side, and would much rather have the bench.
Hi. What state are you in..I’m looking to change my bench out for a captains chair..

70raven

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it just a plate under the fiberglass or are there threaded inserts? Did you have to tap the holes for the bolts or just find the already threaded locations?
Sorry for taking so long. Just a plate inside fiberglass. You must drill and tap. There is no access to underside.

70raven

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you determine the mounting location? I was able to get 2 reclining seats for my 195 and am planning to install the passenger side this weekend. Any tips?
Measure measure measure. I placed the seat on pedestal and dry fitted multiple times. The I would swivel to make sure there was no interferance. Then drill tap and install.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can the seat be lowered any more than what it is in these pics? I'd like to see it level with the horseshoe seat.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can the seat be lowered any more than what it is in these pics? I'd like to see it level with the horseshoe seat.
The stem I got is too tall, I think trying an 8" will put it level. I will probably order 2 to level the seats out.

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you get a chance, can you post part numbers and model year of the new seats? There seem to be several different part numbers. Looking at pictures of different 242, some seats have colored trim so I suspect that is where the part numbers vary.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you get a chance, can you post part numbers and model year of the new seats? There seem to be several different part numbers. Looking at pictures of different 242, some seats have colored trim so I suspect that is where the part numbers vary.
These are the tags on the seats. If I had a 2018 195 with the red tower I would have tried to get the seats from the 2018 212x with the red piping though.

Attachments

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I went for broke and did the install myself. Kudos to Mxracerzero on the idea of getting a '18 212X seat with the red piping. Looks great with the red tower. It did not go real smooth in terms of drilling and tapping, but all problems were self-inflicted. A little 5200 took care of things. I'll do another post later on what learned the hard way so you don't have to.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW, that looks much better than I anticipated. Excellent work!

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks....it’s all Babbitt’s Online fault. I put all the parts in the cart and thought it was too much. So I went on to other things. Then I get an email coupon for $200 bucks off. Covered shipping and tax. Caught me at weak moment. Showed up in 5 days. I got the 212X Captain chair because the Commodore wanted a bolster. $1237 complete. I had call Yamaha directly to find out that “DRCD” was the code for the red color scheme. They were very friendly and helpful.

Motivation007

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha Dealer said it cannot be done the seat could distach from the floor ? Is it true buying original parts ?

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a metal plate under the fiberglass. They use it to for the SX’s seats. I drilled the holes and tapped the threads. Been out in fairly heavy chop and it held fast no problem. If you haven’t tapped holes before, take it slow. Use a lubricant and twist tap by hand very slowly and gently maybe a turn and a half. Then back it out to clear the shavings. Then back in for a gentle turn and a half. Takes some time, but you DON’T want to break off the tap in the hole. I did. TWICE! IT is an awful feeling. It breaks off below the floor line. Can’t get to it. Brittle but very hard metal. Almost impossible to drill out. Had to relocate the holes. Which means the other holes, if you had drilled them, no longer line up. Speaking of holes, you must make sure you mark the holes exactly as on the pedestal and drill them on dead center. There is no play with threaded holes and they won’t go in if even a little bit off.

So, I marked one, drilled and tapped it, then put the pedestal down and put in the screw. Then marked the second hole, drilled and tapped and so on. Before you engage this project, I will send you some pictures of how NOT to start off. The first hole I drilled I didn’t hit metal...and it went downhill from there.

Motivation007

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a metal plate under the fiberglass. They use it to for the SX’s seats. I drilled the holes and tapped the threads. Been out in fairly heavy chop and it held fast no problem. If you haven’t tapped holes before, take it slow. Use a lubricant and twist tap by hand very slowly and gently maybe a turn and a half. Then back it out to clear the shavings. Then back in for a gentle turn and a half. Takes some time, but you DON’T want to break off the tap in the hole. I did. TWICE! IT is an awful feeling. It breaks off below the floor line. Can’t get to it. Brittle but very hard metal. Almost impossible to drill out. Had to relocate the holes. Which means the other holes, if you had drilled them, no longer line up. Speaking of holes, you must make sure you mark the holes exactly as on the pedestal and drill them on dead center. There is no play with threaded holes and they won’t go in if even a little bit off.

So, I marked one, drilled and tapped it, then put the pedestal down and put in the screw. Then marked the second hole, drilled and tapped and so on. Before you engage this project, I will send you some pictures of how NOT to start off. The first hole I drilled I didn’t hit metal...and it went downhill from there.
I’m looking to install another captain chair on a AR192 2015 Yamaha boat would it work or should I get the passenger seat instead ?