• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 195g Helm Shield

LagoonaK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The shield on my helm came off when someone grabbed it. They are on there pretty shabby in the first place. The nuts holding it are only glued to the shield. Nuts were falling off last year. had to bring it to the shop to have them glue it back on. I'm out of warranty now. Any idea what kind of glue will hold these on. I've attached 2 pics. Also an update on an earlier post of mine about the scarab emblem that came off on me. They are getting $75 for that. I only needed 1 letter.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Another option, Sugru? https://sugru.com/ Sugru may be a better option... Aquaseal tends to spread out and not hold its shape. Sugru is like play doh.

LagoonaK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the Sugru option. I just bought some. I think it will also help with the vibrations I hear from it at idle speeds. Thanks for all the help!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yeah, I bought my boat used, it has some sort of Sugru like material to hold the shield. Not sure if that's from the manufacturer or the previous owner/dealer who fixed it with that, but it definitely holds well and I have no vibrations coming from that.

SoundsGood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Love the search feature... Just had this happen to me over the weekend, 2 of the posts popped off, one was already loose. I wanted to see how the Sugru worked, if thats what you ended up using?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Funny enough, my shield started vibrating a few weeks ago. I also was frustrated but was out of Sugru. So I decided to remove the shield, cleaned everything and simply used 3M waterproof doubled sided stickers. I've only been out once with this, but it appears to have worked. We'll see what happens with time... I also used a bit of weather stripping to prevent the shield from rubbing against those latch screws.

Attachments

SoundsGood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thats a good idea, I will add some similar strips while I have it off. However, like the original poster, I had two of the posts that go through the hatch that are attached to the actual shield come off and I need to adhere them back on with as much permanency as possible. I was wondering if theres something I can pick up thats similar to what the factory uses. Wondering if he had any luck with the Sugru but it looks like hes been inactive for awhile. I'll have to resort to trial and error! Thanks for the response

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Sugru is very rubbery.. not sure it would hold those studs. Mine had epoxy and that's what I would recommend. Get some good epoxy. Clean up the area completely, remove all glue, rough it up with sand paper, clean with acetone, dry and finally, glue those studs back on. Wait until it's fully cured before installing.

SoundsGood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Did just that. Used JB Marine Weld and we’re in the fully curing stage. Looks like it’ll hold as good if not better than what they had on there from the factory.