• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2016 AR192 intercooler upgrade

FondyBrian

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My wife and I just purchased a 2016 ar192. It's our first jet boat but not our first boat. We've also had Yamaha jet skis. Just wondering what the general consensus is on upgrading the intercooler. We have experienced (from what I've read) considerable heat soak. Just wondering which one everyone prefers and is a ribbon delete worth it? The first time we took it out, we could only max out just under 7000 rpms and 34 mph at first, then downhill from there. We took it back to the dealer and they found that the supercharger clutch was bad and replaced it under their 45 day warranty. Next time out, we maxed out once again at just under 7000 rpms but at 38 mph this time, then once again, downhill from there. They looked it over and said everything else was fine on it and it's probably just the warm weather. I don't believe it. Air temp was 80* and so was the weather temp. Elevation about 700' above sea level. We also took it out yesterday (close to the same conditions) and we could only manage 32 mph at the same rpms. with 4 people on board. Am I missing something? Is there something else they should be looking for? TIA.

Typical heat soak. I did the upgrade and solved the issue since stock intercooler is too small. Anyone in the bow also scrubs a few mph so keep that in mind.

Back