• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR240 JL Audio upgrade

Mmmd5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Emilio22 and @Mmmd5 - what are the foam rings you are placing behind the subwoofer for? i don't know what to call them so can't figure it out with Google.
I had some left over accoustical foam and thought I'd put it between the sub and the side wall of the boat to absorb some of the pounding. I'm not sure if it does much or not though. I've never pulled the foam to test it....hopefully this spring I'll get a chance to try it without the foam and see if there is any difference.

Mmmd5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had some left over accoustical foam and thought I'd put it between the sub and the side wall of the boat to absorb some of the pounding. I'm not sure if it does much or not though. I've never pulled the foam to test it....hopefully this spring I'll get a chance to try it without the foam and see if there is any difference.
I thought about this after I responded and I think you're referring to the grey carpeted backing ring. It is a wood ring, fiberglassed and then carpeted. I got mine from earmark audio when I bought the speakers and amp. It provides structural rigidity to the wall, the ring and the sub are mounted to. The mounting screws from the sub fasten into the carpet covered wood ring. I was impressed how much it stiffened the whole sub installation up.

Last edited:

Emilio22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Emilio22 and @Mmmd5 - what are the foam rings you are placing behind the subwoofer for? i don't know what to call them so can't figure it out with Google.
It goes on the inside and the sub screws into it instead of just the fiberglass.

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just paid down the deposit for our speaker upgrade we're getting in a couple of weeks. We're going with almost the identical set up it looks like a lot of people are doing so it sounds like we have made some wise choices. Can't wait to hear this baby fully cranked up! I'll post pictures once the install is complete.

6 JL MX650's with sport grilles and blue LED's
View attachment 52198

2 JL M770's for the tower with sport grilles
View attachment 52199

1 JL M10W5 subwoofer with sport grille mounted in the port side storage compartment
View attachment 52200

M800 8 channel amp
View attachment 52201
Awesome setup, you are going to love the sound.... congrats