• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 E-Series Bimini Top Removal

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm sure this was discussed but I couldn't seem to find an answer in my search. Is that bimini top easily removed along with the solar panels and the metal cage? I don't currently own one I'm more curious than anything. However, I'm considering one possibly in the future. I split my boat with my father and he literally never uses it at all so I'm going to buy him out. He wants a pontoon. Instead of buying out my boat I may just sell it give him his cut and upgrade.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Bimini top is not difficult to put on/off once you get it figured out. As for the frame, I am not sure it is really designed to be taken off and on, although I believe you could with some tools. Same for the solar panels. However, all the wiring for the anchor light and the solar panels is inside the metal frame. Not sure why you would want to take it off. We love the top on this boat because it basically covers the entire cockpit area. Lots of shade and here in Texas that is important!

Ryan Cassidy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was actually just thinking about this exact thing last night (while tossing trying to get to sleep.. lol).. All the pictures I've seen seem to imply that the Bimini is static. I'd love to lower it and collapse it, not that I have to, but when I store or put on a boat lift I could see it being beneficial to collapse it (like a collapsible tower etc). Can it do this?

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea it can collapse just like the older ones. My whole thing is we rarely use the bimini. Its in my shed most of the summer. My wife and I love the sun we only really use it when kids or older family is on the boat. I was wondering if there was like some quick disconnect to the metal fram where I can just pop it off throw it in the shed and pop it on when needed. I guess Id really have to get on one and get a feel for it in person.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes it will collapse. Lowers it a foot or so. Bimini frame stays on but collapses also.