• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Scarab 195 HOI Water in Ski Locker

Josh Budde

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi all,

Here in SoCal a few lakes near me have this Quaggi Muscle inspection and the boat must be 100% Dry (Not even 1 drop of water) or I get quarantined from those lakes for 7 days. What I found out is that water is getting trapped between the ski locker and bilge pump area.

How do I get all this water out to make the boat 100% dry?

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Josh,

I had the same thing happen with my ski-locker and it is due to the way it was designed... I took a sponge and a bucket and got all of the water out that way for winterization - plus I took a towel and wiped it down to make it nice and clean... other than that, I don't think there's much else you can do...

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Can you put a low pressure air pump on the drain line or opening? Blow the water out?

Josh Budde

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Can you put a low pressure air pump on the drain line or opening? Blow the water out?
Maybe. I used my shop vac to get some out, but now matter what I do, it seems like there is just going to be some water in there. I used an old towel and placed it at the bottom of the ski locker to soak up water while driving to get some of it out. I think I need to get the boat at an angle where the water will go into the bilge pump to pump it out.

Josh Budde

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Josh,

I had the same thing happen with my ski-locker and it is due to the way it was designed... I took a sponge and a bucket and got all of the water out that way for winterization - plus I took a towel and wiped it down to make it nice and clean... other than that, I don't think there's much else you can do...
I did the same thing while at the lake when we pulled the boat out of the water. That only gets the water out of the ski locker and not the water that is trapped.

Marc Schauben

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine is kept in my garage and I like the boat totally dry when it's stored. I fount that the bilge level (where the bilge pump sits) is higher than the lower bilge behind the ski locker. I made the drain hole a bit larger, bought a cheap pump from Harbor Freight Tools and attached a weighted short hose to it. When I'm ready to put the boat away, I drop the weighted hose through the hole at the rear of the ski locker and suck out the extra water. This was bad design...

Josh Budde

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine is kept in my garage and I like the boat totally dry when it's stored. I fount that the bilge level (where the bilge pump sits) is higher than the lower bilge behind the ski locker. I made the drain hole a bit larger, bought a cheap pump from Harbor Freight Tools and attached a weighted short hose to it. When I'm ready to put the boat away, I drop the weighted hose through the hole at the rear of the ski locker and suck out the extra water. This was bad design...

Something like this?

Marc Schauben

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's the one.
And I used this hose: tank connection hose for toilet (so it has weight)
upload_2016-6-21_16-21-21.png

Josh Budde

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Perfect.. Going to get this today from HF. Thank you!!

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So I have this problem...so to be clear you're saying theres water trapped that I don't see? My ski locker does fill with some water (hot water). when i trailer up and pull plugs I'm on a steep hill and it all drains for the most part. I never noticed water at the bilge pump near the ski locker. just in the locker and again its hot for me. so this pump you have is the fix to the water i can't see? what did you use to cut the hole bigger?

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@702mireles Take your boat to your BRP/SCARAB dealer and check to see if your carbon seal is leaking....