• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 SX192 Cruise assist problem

Stubby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Had the boat out on the weekend and noticed that I could make minus adjustments to engine speed with the switch but the plus adjustment was not making a change. Has anyone had this problem before? Will check the contacts on the switch. Possibly the switch is bad? Thanks

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Maybe you could reverse the wires on the switch if possible. If it makes + adjustments but no -, then it's the switch. I don't know if you can reverse the wires, but it's worth a try.

Stubby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Maybe you could reverse the wires on the switch if possible. If it makes + adjustments but no -, then it's the switch. I don't know if you can reverse the wires, but it's worth a try.
I will take the switch out today to see if that is possible. It is the only switch that the service manual says to check with the YDIS system which I do not have access to and not just a simple continuity test. Thanks

SCSX190

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had the boat out on the weekend and noticed that I could make minus adjustments to engine speed with the switch but the plus adjustment was not making a change. Has anyone had this problem before? Will check the contacts on the switch. Possibly the switch is bad? Thanks
How could you make minus adjustments without first making a positive adjustment?

When my throttle goes into the no wake zone, I need to make positive adjustment before making a negative.

There are only 2 positive levels of no wake mode, 3 total including the first level when engagement of the throttle in no wake zone.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@SCSX190 He's talking about cruise assist and not no wake. You can set cruise assist from 3k-7k IIRC. My cruise assist seems to not go higher than 6800 RPM though and it's been like that since day 1 I believe. You don't need to add anything to set it but just tap it and it will enable cruise assist and then he could hit lower it by tapping the switch.

Sounds like your switch may be bad OP. I do know of someone with an AR195 that his cruise assist basically no longer works and slowly went out but he hasn't taken it into the dealer yet.

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like this feature and use it every outing. Ide order a new switch and go from there. But varify your fault before slinging money at it. Ive had it not work in no wake due to me not following instructions.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's strange your cruise assist doesn't work past 6800 RPM, mine will go all the way up to the max, usually 8200-8400RPM.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's strange your cruise assist doesn't work past 6800 RPM, mine will go all the way up to the max, usually 8200-8400RPM.
That's strange yours goes BEYOND the 7k limit lol

How are you turning 8400 RPM?!?!??!!

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's strange yours goes BEYOND the 7k limit lol

How are you turning 8400 RPM?!?!??!!

Opps, you're right, meant to say 7400.... Haha... I had to google image search a picture of the gauges

But it does go past 7K, this year has been crazy cold (which means better performance and less people wanted to come with me boating, so a lighter load) I don't think I had heat soak all summer