• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212X...... Surfing? Nope.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Brad Dunn the bag on the back is weighted evenly because we have goofy and regulars on the boat at all time. Plus we don't need to list that much to get a great wake. The port and starboard bags are about 1100 lbs a side.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Brad Dunn the bag on the back is weighted evenly because we have goofy and regulars on the boat at all time. Plus we don't need to list that much to get a great wake. The port and starboard bags are about 1100 lbs a side.
Thanks We have a 242 but are always trying to get a better wake.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^ a Gantlin Wake wedge would help get rid of all that jet wash on your wave.

Last edited:

Brian McIver

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Scalding water and above is normal operating temperature....the thermostat makes sure of that. If you aren't getting an overheat alarm or going in to limp mode then the boat isn't overheating. If your previous boat was overheating pulling a tube there was something wrong that needed to be fixed.
I know this is an old thread, but I was brought to a halt when I heard the word "Thermostat". If you're talking about any of the Yamaha soho or ho 1800 engines, there is no thermostat in the cooling system. It takes high pressure lake water from the jet pump and it routes through the cooling passages and then out the side and out the exhaust. Id be concerned if it was constantly scalding hot coming out the side, but not too surprised if it happens on occasion. just my 2 cents.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but I was brought to a halt when I heard the word "Thermostat". If you're talking about any of the Yamaha soho or ho 1800 engines, there is no thermostat in the cooling system. It takes high pressure lake water from the jet pump and it routes through the cooling passages and then out the side and out the exhaust. Id be concerned if it was constantly scalding hot coming out the side, but not too surprised if it happens on occasion. just my 2 cents.
There is a thermostat in both MR1 and 1.8L. I would imagine the thermostat would open up at least 175 degrees. 150 is scalding, so that heated cooling water existing the pee hole indicators would be that temperature. Out the side is just a small stream to indicate cooling water is flowing.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
well now since I've gone back through this whole thread has anyone removed their hard tanks, installed bags, and adjusted the connext system to fill said bags? My front locker back could definitely fill up a crap top more, so I'll need to play with that. Likely when my wife and kid heads outta town I'll take a day and run down to the lake right quick and play with it.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should watch buckbuck's video in the FAQ about "how the cooling water flows", there's even a thermostat exit point at the jet

this is for my Mr1-HO

1589997509918.png

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
well now since I've gone back through this whole thread has anyone removed their hard tanks, installed bags, and adjusted the connext system to fill said bags? My front locker back could definitely fill up a crap top more, so I'll need to play with that. Likely when my wife and kid heads outta town I'll take a day and run down to the lake right quick and play with it.
I had a couple talks with Wakemakers about this - they are local for us. They did some great custom bags for @bobbie (look up her profile if she is still around). It is close to a $3k investment with some shortcomings. Mainly Connext. You cannot adjust the timers out that far so your choices are jumpers or a second pump. The good news is they can wedge about 1100lbs a side if you do it. Lots of work to get those hard tanks out.

Proudpapa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Also, I had a bad experience with cavitation right off the bat.... the dealer hooked the boat up to my truck and I drove it home to launch. During the low rpm break in period, something was going on and I couldn't figure out why the boat seemed so off. This was my first twin engine. The other people in the boat were telling me something seems really wrong. I finally shut it off after 30 minutes and thought to myself this thing is runnng terrible. I finally figured out that the clean out ports weren't latched. I assumed they were installed and latched because they are always supposed to be installed for towing and the dealer hooked up the boat to my truck tarped and ready to go..,. Well I learned another lesson, dont assume the dealer remembers the proper position of the cleanout ports for towing....,
Great point…I made that mistake with my dealer on making delivery of my 212x. While I’m the highway, I noticed my tie downs flapping. I stopped and both were just hanging unsecured. Also, they cleaned the boat and didn’t replace my life vests and fenders. Made it a point to always double check everything.