• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212x Swim Deck Speakers

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
What is the largest size swim deck speakers anyone has upgraded to on the '17 212x or equivalent? I don't mind cutting a bigger hole but I don't want to have to use any filler, shims, or surface reshaping. I've searched and found a few threads expressing plans of swim deck speaker upgrades but haven't been able to find any results of large speaker installs on the swim deck. I'd like to get a fuller sound back there. I know I need to rewire all the speakers in parallel which I will be doing but would like to get a better and/or bigger speaker back there as well.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@wallacerb has a video of his and @Drift Away ‘s install on their 24’. They went with 7.7 maybe? (I didn’t rewatch the video).

Edit: no idea how that compares to the 21’.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@wallacerb has a video of his and @Drift Away ‘s install on their 24’. They went with 7.7 maybe? (I didn’t rewatch the video).

Edit: no idea how that compares to the 21’.
Yeah the 21' has a much smaller area in that spot, plus there is some shaping build into the fiberglass around the speaker. So its seems to me that size is limited for me. Hoping some has found a better performing speaker option that fits with limited adjustment to the hole size.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Check out the last few posts on page two of this thread:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/looking-for-advice-on-a-2017-212x-stereo-upgrade.15588/

6.5's is the largest I've heard of, and it looks like it needs a spacer ring to do so. If you go a different direction, please post it up.

Jeff
Yeah I’ve been following that thread, definitely going to be watching how that turns out. I don’t mind cutting into my boat but the contours of that area would make me very nervous. Wish there was a speaker upgrade option with the same size.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There may be, eventually. Some folks at Wet Sounds I've talked to are looking into building Revo's in the 5.25" size. I'm not enthusiastic about cutting into that space for the same reason you note.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Anyone know anything about these. They seem to get good reviews. Kinda butt ugly if you ask me but they may have more punch than the polks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DC Gold Audio N5R 5.25

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
$450 for some 5.25? From a brand i have never heard of?
I don't disagree, but the 212x is very limited in what we can do on the swim deck and the 5.25 options are also limited. Thus the question if anyone has heard of them. Looks like they would almost double the available head room power wise.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I upgraded from the Polk db521 sinceI blew one to the db522. 100 watt rms vs 45 rms on my 2015 212x. Direct fit replacement.

Top Bottom