• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 242 Limited S e-series on Copart

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
https://www.copart.com/lot/43980928

From the pics the boat looks to be in good shape minus the fact that the engines are in pallets next to the boat. It also looks like someone installed underwater lights and removed them along with some speakers.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The drain plugs and their housings are missing.

I suspect that the boat was flooded.

Would be very interesting to know the whole story.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Speakers are missing and man I hope that is foam(not concrete) blocks it’s sitting on.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you allowed to inspect the lot before purchase if you're local?

if there isn't hull damage I can see that being worth quite a bit in the hands of a capable mechanic.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
https://www.copart.com/lot/43980928

From the pics the boat looks to be in good shape minus the fact that the engines are in pallets next to the boat. It also looks like someone installed underwater lights and removed them along with some speakers.
If it ends up being parted out, I'm interested in the tower.

--

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why couldn't someone with an older twin engine transplant their motors into this and piece off their old boat to pay the difference?

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Why couldn't someone with an older twin engine transplant their motors into this and piece off their old boat to pay the difference?
This exact thought just went through my head.... my low hour mr1 motors should be able to fit in that without much modification

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would want to do a twin V8 setup in it!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you allowed to inspect the lot before purchase if you're local?

if there isn't hull damage I can see that being worth quite a bit in the hands of a capable mechanic.
You are able to inspect it if you are local. If you aren't local they have companies, that charge a fee, that will go do a full inspection of the boat and they can answer any question you have regarding the condition.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boy if I was in a position to have a project, this would be high on the list of things to do.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I see this boat going for 20kish when the auction goes live.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The unknown factor will kill it for most remote folks. I agree with the potential submersion. If anything the motors submerged. But then, was it fresh or salt, and then what else will fail after the motors. Was the helm submerged would be a good question.

Fun project. This is the one that would be fun to test a pair of 300hp ACE engines. It's only money.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The unknown factor will kill it for most remote folks. I agree with the potential submersion. If anything the motors submerged. But then, was it fresh or salt, and then what else will fail after the motors. Was the helm submerged would be a good question.

Fun project. This is the one that would be fun to test a pair of 300hp ACE engines. It's only money.

How do you know it submerged?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It stated damage: water/flood

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
#UltimateSubMove

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are so many electronic items that were probably under water. My guess on what happened the batteries were turned off leaky hull fittings no bilge pump hooked directly to the batteries and the boat sinks . Or the battery left on the cycling bilge pump killed the battery then it filled with water . I’m local and will take a look later today

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good ol copart. That is where I bought my AR210 last year, but here in Houston. Let's hope they cover up those engine parts so the internals don't get rained on and do further damage.

-Greg

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those parts are already toast. Cept for intake and exhaust mostly everything else is close to the scrap heap

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It stated damage: water/flood
I bought a boat last year off copart that said flood/water damage as well, but can find no signs that the boat sank. The only thing I found was a hole in one of the engine blocks.

The owner of this boat could have messed up flushing it and hydro locked the motor and files an insurance claim. Looking at the boat it doesn’t look like it was ever submerged by the pics.