• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR195 Helm storage door added

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Finally got enough courage to cut the hole for this helm storage door.
24" x 14" Deck Access Hatch & Lid Marine Caravan RV (353mm x 606mm) (White) | eBay
Thanks to the guys that posted what size to buy. I went with 24" x 14". I don't think you can go any bigger and still have the clearance for the ski locker door to open. I plan to keep a bigger trash can in there to keep the trash away from our food and bags on the other side. Took about 2 hours with prep and clean up.
IMG_7107.JPGIMG_7108.JPGIMG_7112.JPGIMG_7113.JPGIMG_7114.JPGIMG_7115.JPG

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That door looks way nicer than mine.

Little unnerving 1/2 way through when you see a giant hole in your shiny boat eh? Well worth it though. SOOO much useful space there.

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Considering similar mod to my boat. Any concern about structural integrity of the wall? Prior to cutting the hole, the wall provided rigidity to the entire helm area. Haven't found any answers, only thing holding me back from making the cut!! 🙄

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did mine last season, no issues. I did go a little smaller on door size to maintain more material.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering similar mod to my boat. Any concern about structural integrity of the wall? Prior to cutting the hole, the wall provided rigidity to the entire helm area. Haven't found any answers, only thing holding me back from making the cut!! 🙄
Not a definitive answer, but this will be my 4th season with the door cut in. Haven't noticed any issues so far.

Skin6061

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the same mod with the same door on my 2015 last month. I posted it over on the Facebook groups. I was working on making both latches work off just moving one but I got side tracked and haven't done anything with the idea.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did the same mod with the same door on my 2015 last month. I posted it over on the Facebook groups. I was working on making both latches work off just moving one but I got side tracked and haven't done anything with the idea.
Yes, I saw your post on facebook and used your link to find the door. Thanks. I love the extra space we have now. I just installed my amp in there this weekend.IMG_7148.JPG

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks good! Does the door close nice and tight? I put some subwoofers in mine so the doors rattle with heavy bass

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That looks good! Does the door close nice and tight? I put some subwoofers in mine so the doors rattle with heavy bass
It does have a black rubber gasket which should help, but not sure about the 2 latches. They are plastic on plastic.

Skin6061

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One does not rattle at all. I have one 10" sub on my boat by the driver seat

keenanjm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got enough courage to cut the hole for this helm storage door.
24" x 14" Deck Access Hatch & Lid Marine Caravan RV (353mm x 606mm) (White) | eBay
Thanks to the guys that posted what size to buy. I went with 24" x 14". I don't think you can go any bigger and still have the clearance for the ski locker door to open. I plan to keep a bigger trash can in there to keep the trash away from our food and bags on the other side. Took about 2 hours with prep and clean up.
View attachment 148685View attachment 148686View attachment 148687View attachment 148688View attachment 148689View attachment 148690
Have you seen any yellowing of the doors? I noticed the reviews on amazon for a lot of the doors is that they change color quickly. Thanks!

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Have you seen any yellowing of the doors? I noticed the reviews on amazon for a lot of the doors is that they change color quickly. Thanks!
It has been over 2 years since install and the door is still the same color as when I installed it. I do keep the boat covered at all times. I'm sure that helps with this issue.