• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 ar195 N2K Comm error INOP port gage

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Started up my boat and I have a N2K Comm error and the port side speedometer keeps sweeping full range. Has anybody one ran into this? I had no issues the previous use 3 weeks ago. The boat runs just fine but the port gage is useless. It has a 3 year warranty but would like to give the dealer a direction. Thanks 105249

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had this happen on my 2017 SX195 this summer. The boat had not been used for two weeks and I had left the battery switch on while it sat. I ran the boat the day it happened for a few hours giving my parents a tour of the lake. Parked at the beach for the afternoon and when I went to leave and started the boat up it was gone. My only thought is that maybe the battery had drained enough to cause this. I have since though had the boat sitting for two weeks at a time and battery switch on and have yet to have it come back. The only thing it affected that day for me was water depth, rpm(as the gauge just swung back and forth) and tbh I don’t recall the other one. While at the beach I went over all electrical connections and did not find any loose. If you do figure out what the cause was I would love to know! Sorry as this isn’t much help but your not the only one to have had this problem.

Jonsmith02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Started up my boat and I have a N2K Comm error and the port side speedometer keeps sweeping full range. Has anybody one ran into this? I had no issues the previous use 3 weeks ago. The boat runs just fine but the port gage is useless. It has a 3 year warranty but would like to give the dealer a direction. Thanks View attachment 105249
Hi Chris - did you ever get this figured out? Purchased a 2016 SX192 same sweeping the big going on with the speedometer and N2K error. The previous owner said he didn’t notice it until he replaced the battery.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Chris - did you ever get this figured out? Purchased a 2016 SX192 same sweeping the big going on with the speedometer and N2K error. The previous owner said he didn’t notice it until he replaced the battery.
Hey. The dealer replaced a gauge. I will try to figure out which one. I haven’t had a issue since, knock on wood.

Jonsmith02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hey. The dealer replaced a gauge. I will try to figure out which one. I haven’t had a issue since, knock on wood.
That would be great. Just want the speedometer to stop going up and down, and get the temp and depth back