• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 and 2013 SX240

This is a very valid point!

For the new SX250 Yamaha has a dry weight posted of 5,134 LBS . Have to guess that loaded with fuel and other stuff this is about 5,750 lbs. I would think the SX240 may be a similar weight? My guess is that the AR210 on the trailer with fuel and other stuff is around 5,000 lbs.

Many mid size SUV tow vehicles max out at 5,000 lbs. To the OP, what is the tow capacity of the vehicle you currently have and if the capacity is low, are you planning on getting another vehicle?

Jim

Dry weight is about 3300 lbs for SX240. I have a 2018 Benz GLE350 which towing capacity is 7200 per google. Do you think I should be able to tow??

Dry weight is about 3300 lbs. I have a 2018 Benz GLE350 which towing capacity is 7200 per google.
You should be fine but don't forget fuel, all the stuff you put in the boat, trailer and whatever else. Weight adds up quickly as you put tubes, ropes, life jackets, toys, coolers, towels, tools, grill & tanks, anchor(s) and whatever else you end up putting in the boat.

If the general rating is 7,200 lbs, you are probably okay. Does Mercedes have a website where you can look up your specific vehicle (as built) by the VIN?

I'm surprised that the dry weight of the 240 is only 3,300 lbs. If you figure another 1,000 lbs for the trailer, then you are at 4,300 lbs plus fuel and stuff.
Also don't look at just the tow capacity weight of the trailer, also look at the payload capacity of the tow vehicle. Folks sometimes run out of payload capacity before they run out of tow capacity, although the tongue weight of a boat trailer is less than many other types of trailers.

Jim

Good luck towing a 24 foot with a mid sized suv, unless it's a super higher end one
Dry weight is about 3300 lbs for SX240. I have a 2018 Benz GLE350 which towing capacity is 7200 per google. Do you think I should be able to tow??
You will be fine with that rating. Don’t overthink this too much. Fwiw I towed with a half ton Tahoe with 3.08 rear end rated @5k for years with no issues.

Back