• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 TR1 motor reviews

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2020 AR210 and I really like the extra space which is noticeable. Now that I have everything in order I can hit 43.5 mph and it doesn't take that long. The hole shot is fantastic and the boat is great for the price point. The twin engines really keep it tight and strong in turns, etc. If you want to drop another 10-20 grand the 212 models have the bigger engines, 1.8's.

I guess knowing what I know now, I may have considered an AR240 for another 9k or so. But I didn't want to spend that much on this boat. I would personally make sure the size of the boat is what you want or go a bit bigger. As far as speed, I guess it depends whether you want to go just over 50 or in the low 40's. Either will pull watersports just fine.

I am a first time Yamaha owner, and I am glad I bought one.

Jetti

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I am on my 4th season here with a 2017 SX210 With TR1 engines and they have been nearly effortlessly to maintain and totally trouble free.
The boat is well powered and handles really well. I have added the JBP Thrust Vectors and Reverse Thrusters and she maneuvers in our river currents confidently. I am very pleased with the TR1’s for sure.
How much diff
So I am on my 4th season here with a 2017 SX210 With TR1 engines and they have been nearly effortlessly to maintain and totally trouble free.
The boat is well powered and handles really well. I have added the JBP Thrust Vectors and Reverse Thrusters and she maneuvers in our river currents confidently. I am very pleased with the TR1’s for sure.
How much difference did you notice with the reverse thruster upgrade?

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for this feedback. Nice to hear some long term real life usage data like the one you just gave. Looks like a perfect boat for me and my family :) Can you reach mid to high 30's on a calm lake day? Do you use regular 87 octane gas? Thanks again.

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for this feedback. Nice to hear some long term real life usage data like the one you just gave. Looks like a perfect boat for me and my family :) Can you reach mid to high 30's on a calm lake day? Do you use regular 87 octane gas? Thanks again.
I tend to cruise and have no problem hitting 40mph. I think I have been as fast as maybe 48, but tend to run 25+/-. Cruise mode makes speed control super easy. Low bow rise at take off also a really nice feature. I do highly recommend the fins and reverse thrust vectors. I keep boat on trailer in dry dock and launch in river with 4mph current. With the fins and JBP Thrust vectors we handle it better than anyone out there.

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How much diff

How much difference did you notice with the reverse thruster upgrade?
The reverse thruster upgrade was a game changer. I would definitely purchase them again. Docking with a 4mph cross current I can run one engine forward and play the reverse bucket and wheel and walk the boat sideways into the current. Not to mention turning on it axis. Like I said, game changer!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@TS4811 Where do you boat in michigan?

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I typically run 90 octane rec fuel to avoid ethanol and the water contamination that usually comes with it.

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@TS4811 Where do you boat in michigan?
I boat all over the state at various times of the year. I have a bad boating habit. We usually jet boat on the chain of lakes in the Pinckney area. We head out to various spots north with the jet boat every year. I have sailed big boats all over Great Lakes with extensive time in Grand Traverse Bay. Sailed smaller boats in Lake Leelanau, Glen Lake and Torch lakes. So I guess I should name the Yamaha “My Darkside”

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@TS4811 I know the chain of lakes real well from years ago. Perhaps we will cross paths. My Boat Name is "Hang Outdoors". A Blue AR210. Havent been on Torch or Glen but planning on it.